Hello Forum Friends,
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Mayan Riviera in February for a wedding. Afterwhich we will stay a few days to sightsee. We have never been there before. We are in our early 50's; enjoy snorkeling and visiting new places like historical sites and quaint towns. We are not big on high adventure.
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on my as of yet unconfirmed itinerary.
We don't want to drive in Mexico so we are planning to use taxi-cabs and visit sites through tours.
Day 1- We booked a week at a time share between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen but will arrive a day earlier and stay the first night in an airport hotel. I thought that we might be able to take a cab to the beach area but haven't explored any options yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Day 2- We will arrive at the time share and possibly explore some of their many large pools or take a cab to Playa del Carmen.
Day 3 - Wedding north of Puerto Morelos at 4:00PM. MIght explore Playa del Carmen in the AM.
Day 4 - considering either taking the cab and ferry for a day trip to Cozumel or booking an excursion through Cancun Discounts to Aktun Chen. We would probably not do ziplining but snorkeling in the cenote sound interesting but I'm thinking that it might be very, very cold water. OR Cozumel sounds like a nice day. We would possibly visit the town and maybe go to the beach. Comments and advice is appreciated.
Day 5- Book a trip to through Cancun discount which includes a visit to Tulum followed by snorkeling.
Day 6 - Another tour through cancun discounts to Chichen Itza and Valladolid.
Day 7 - leave for home.
Thanks in advance for any knowledable advice from people who are familiar with the area.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 2 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 3 Copa Airlines?
- 4 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 5 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 6 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 7 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 8 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 9 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 10 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 11 Tulum (camping)
- 12 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 13 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 14 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 15 Riviera Maya
- 16 Excursions
- 17 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 18 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 19 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 20 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 21 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 22 Eric Brahms
- 23 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 24 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 25 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
Hello Forum Friends,