Hello Forum Friends,
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Mayan Riviera in February for a wedding. Afterwhich we will stay a few days to sightsee. We have never been there before. We are in our early 50's; enjoy snorkeling and visiting new places like historical sites and quaint towns. We are not big on high adventure.
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on my as of yet unconfirmed itinerary.
We don't want to drive in Mexico so we are planning to use taxi-cabs and visit sites through tours.
Day 1- We booked a week at a time share between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen but will arrive a day earlier and stay the first night in an airport hotel. I thought that we might be able to take a cab to the beach area but haven't explored any options yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Day 2- We will arrive at the time share and possibly explore some of their many large pools or take a cab to Playa del Carmen.
Day 3 - Wedding north of Puerto Morelos at 4:00PM. MIght explore Playa del Carmen in the AM.
Day 4 - considering either taking the cab and ferry for a day trip to Cozumel or booking an excursion through Cancun Discounts to Aktun Chen. We would probably not do ziplining but snorkeling in the cenote sound interesting but I'm thinking that it might be very, very cold water. OR Cozumel sounds like a nice day. We would possibly visit the town and maybe go to the beach. Comments and advice is appreciated.
Day 5- Book a trip to through Cancun discount which includes a visit to Tulum followed by snorkeling.
Day 6 - Another tour through cancun discounts to Chichen Itza and Valladolid.
Day 7 - leave for home.
Thanks in advance for any knowledable advice from people who are familiar with the area.
February trip to Mayan Riviera
Hello Forum Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 costa rica logistics
- 2 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 3 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 4 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 5 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 6 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 7 Mexico Trip
- 8 Osa Hotel Questions
- 9 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 10 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 11 Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 13 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 14 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 15 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 16 Trip ideas needed please
- 17 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 18 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 19 tours to gatun locks panama
- 20 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 21 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 22 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 23 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 24 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!