Hello Forum Friends,
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Mayan Riviera in February for a wedding. Afterwhich we will stay a few days to sightsee. We have never been there before. We are in our early 50's; enjoy snorkeling and visiting new places like historical sites and quaint towns. We are not big on high adventure.
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on my as of yet unconfirmed itinerary.
We don't want to drive in Mexico so we are planning to use taxi-cabs and visit sites through tours.
Day 1- We booked a week at a time share between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen but will arrive a day earlier and stay the first night in an airport hotel. I thought that we might be able to take a cab to the beach area but haven't explored any options yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Day 2- We will arrive at the time share and possibly explore some of their many large pools or take a cab to Playa del Carmen.
Day 3 - Wedding north of Puerto Morelos at 4:00PM. MIght explore Playa del Carmen in the AM.
Day 4 - considering either taking the cab and ferry for a day trip to Cozumel or booking an excursion through Cancun Discounts to Aktun Chen. We would probably not do ziplining but snorkeling in the cenote sound interesting but I'm thinking that it might be very, very cold water. OR Cozumel sounds like a nice day. We would possibly visit the town and maybe go to the beach. Comments and advice is appreciated.
Day 5- Book a trip to through Cancun discount which includes a visit to Tulum followed by snorkeling.
Day 6 - Another tour through cancun discounts to Chichen Itza and Valladolid.
Day 7 - leave for home.
Thanks in advance for any knowledable advice from people who are familiar with the area.
February trip to Mayan Riviera
Hello Forum Friends,
- 1 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 2 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 3 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 4 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 6 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 7 Cancun day trips
- 8 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 9 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 10 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 11 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 12 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Quick CR Trip Report
- 14 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 15 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 16 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 17 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 18 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 19 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 20 Driving in Mexico
- 21 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 22 After Tikal... suggestions?
- 23 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 24 Three weeks in August 2011 - trip report
- 25 Single parent signature