Hello Forum Friends,
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Mayan Riviera in February for a wedding. Afterwhich we will stay a few days to sightsee. We have never been there before. We are in our early 50's; enjoy snorkeling and visiting new places like historical sites and quaint towns. We are not big on high adventure.
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on my as of yet unconfirmed itinerary.
We don't want to drive in Mexico so we are planning to use taxi-cabs and visit sites through tours.
Day 1- We booked a week at a time share between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen but will arrive a day earlier and stay the first night in an airport hotel. I thought that we might be able to take a cab to the beach area but haven't explored any options yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Day 2- We will arrive at the time share and possibly explore some of their many large pools or take a cab to Playa del Carmen.
Day 3 - Wedding north of Puerto Morelos at 4:00PM. MIght explore Playa del Carmen in the AM.
Day 4 - considering either taking the cab and ferry for a day trip to Cozumel or booking an excursion through Cancun Discounts to Aktun Chen. We would probably not do ziplining but snorkeling in the cenote sound interesting but I'm thinking that it might be very, very cold water. OR Cozumel sounds like a nice day. We would possibly visit the town and maybe go to the beach. Comments and advice is appreciated.
Day 5- Book a trip to through Cancun discount which includes a visit to Tulum followed by snorkeling.
Day 6 - Another tour through cancun discounts to Chichen Itza and Valladolid.
Day 7 - leave for home.
Thanks in advance for any knowledable advice from people who are familiar with the area.
February trip to Mayan Riviera
Hello Forum Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 2 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 3 Guatemala customs question
- 4 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 5 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 6 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 7 booking rooms for spring break
- 8 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 9 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 10 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 11 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 12 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 13 Costa Rica questions
- 14 Mextrotter
- 15 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 16 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 17 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 18 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 19 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 20 costa rica
- 21 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 22 Car rental Cancun
- 23 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 24 Christmas in Puebla?
- 25 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize