Hello Forum Friends,
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Mayan Riviera in February for a wedding. Afterwhich we will stay a few days to sightsee. We have never been there before. We are in our early 50's; enjoy snorkeling and visiting new places like historical sites and quaint towns. We are not big on high adventure.
I was hoping that someone could give me advice on my as of yet unconfirmed itinerary.
We don't want to drive in Mexico so we are planning to use taxi-cabs and visit sites through tours.
Day 1- We booked a week at a time share between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen but will arrive a day earlier and stay the first night in an airport hotel. I thought that we might be able to take a cab to the beach area but haven't explored any options yet. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Day 2- We will arrive at the time share and possibly explore some of their many large pools or take a cab to Playa del Carmen.
Day 3 - Wedding north of Puerto Morelos at 4:00PM. MIght explore Playa del Carmen in the AM.
Day 4 - considering either taking the cab and ferry for a day trip to Cozumel or booking an excursion through Cancun Discounts to Aktun Chen. We would probably not do ziplining but snorkeling in the cenote sound interesting but I'm thinking that it might be very, very cold water. OR Cozumel sounds like a nice day. We would possibly visit the town and maybe go to the beach. Comments and advice is appreciated.
Day 5- Book a trip to through Cancun discount which includes a visit to Tulum followed by snorkeling.
Day 6 - Another tour through cancun discounts to Chichen Itza and Valladolid.
Day 7 - leave for home.
Thanks in advance for any knowledable advice from people who are familiar with the area.
February trip to Mayan Riviera
Hello Forum Friends,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ