My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Family Vacation to Belize in March 2013
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 4 La paz at christmas
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 7 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 8 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 9 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 12 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 13 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 16 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 17 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 19 Rainy season
- 20 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 21 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 22 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 23 booking rooms for spring break
- 24 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 25 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?