My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Itinerary help
- 2 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 3 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 4 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 5 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 6 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 7 Activities in Costa Rica
- 8 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 9 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 10 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 11 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 12 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 13 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 14 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 15 Gluten Free Belize
- 16 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 17 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 18 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 19 In Cancun right now..
- 20 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 21 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 22 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 23 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 24 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 25 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?