My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 2 Central America vacation in September
- 3 Granada or Leon
- 4 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 5 Rental Car in Mexico
- 6 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 7 What do you think about this testimony?
- 8 Costa Rica--first time
- 9 Sandals in Cancún
- 10 Belize itinerary help
- 11 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 12 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 13 Costa Rica surfing
- 14 Nicaragua money questions
- 15 Blue Hole
- 16 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 17 Panama in December?
- 18 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 19 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 20 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 21 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 22 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 23 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 24 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 25 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations