My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Homestay
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 7 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 8 reliable car rental company??
- 9 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 10 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 11 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 12 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 15 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 16 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 17 best air route san diego to san jose
- 18 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 19 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 20 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 21 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 22 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 23 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 24 Puerto Vallarta
- 25 Recent Headlines- Cancun