My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 moving to mexico
- 2 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 3 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 4 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 5 international calling cards
- 6 Archaeological tours
- 7 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 8 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 9 moving to mexico
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanajuato
- 13 Cancun All inclusive
- 14 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 15 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 16 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 17 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 18 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 19 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 20 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 21 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 22 girls getaway
- 23 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 24 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 25 First time CR intinerary help