My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Family Vacation to Belize in March 2013
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Embera Village
- 2 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 3 an evening in San Jose...?
- 4 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 5 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 6 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 7 Food at Leon airport?
- 8 Food at Leon airport?
- 9 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 10 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 11 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 12 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 13 Costa Rica & Panama
- 14 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 15 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 16 Tela and La Ceiba
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 March/April weather
- 19 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 20 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 21 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 22 One Week in Southern Belize
- 23 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 24 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 25 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?