My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Family Vacation to Belize in March 2013
- 1 Costa Rica trip in March
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 4 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 5 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 6 Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 8 Safety in Nicaragua
- 9 Roatan advice
- 10 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 13 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 14 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 15 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 16 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 17 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 18 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 19 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 20 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 21 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 22 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 23 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014
- 24 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 25 Backpack vs Wheels