My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 SPCAE: Tec^h SUPP0RT WINDOWS 10 CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 WINDOWS 10
- 2 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 Best plan - suggestions
- 7 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 8 Spending USD in Mexico
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 10 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 11 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 12 Guanacaste in October
- 13 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 14 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 15 Good lunch spot
- 16 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 17 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 18 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 19 Art School
- 20 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 21 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico
- 22 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 23 El Salvador plane change
- 24 Traveling with my 16 year old daughter to Mexico
- 25 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada