My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Family Vacation to Belize in March 2013
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 2 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 3 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 6 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 7 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 8 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 9 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 10 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 11 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 12 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 13 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 15 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 16 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 17 Costa Rica
- 18 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 19 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 20 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 21 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 22 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 23 Tocumen Airport layover
- 24 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca
- 25 Peace Lodge? Or somewhere else?