My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 live from PV !
- 2 Mexico
- 3 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 4 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 5 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 6 Another Yucatan trip report
- 7 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 8 2017 SMA Trip
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 11 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 12 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 13 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 17 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 18 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 19 Bocas ??
- 20 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 21 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 22 Costa Rica Connection
- 23 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 24 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 25 Cabos to Todos Santos