My family is planning a trip to Belize in the spring, and we need A LOT of advice. There are 8 of us: my parents (in their 60's, but young at heart and still quite active), my older sister & her family (a significant other and 2 sons - ages 3 & 5), me, and my brother (in his late 20's). All of us are quite adventurous, but having young kids in the mix makes planning well a MUST!
We knew that we wanted to go to Central America, and we had considered Costa Rica for a while, but it seems to be overrun with tourists, and we wanted to do something a little different, so we settled on Belize. We have done some research, but I find these forums to be really helpful in terms of finding out from real people who have experienced the places to be the best resource!
If anyone has any opinions or advice about things to do, kid-friendly accommodations, activities, where to actually stay (on the mainland, off the mainland, large resort, private villa, north, south) that would be really helpful. We have a week in the country and we want to do and see as much as possible, and still experience the native culture. We are fine with jungle-ish areas, as well as beachy areas. There really is no preference, so it's just about being able to get to see and do as much as possible.
I know this isn't really specific, so it's hard to go on, but we are doing our preliminary research and just trying to gather some ideas and opinions!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 2 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 3 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 9 Tulum (camping)
- 10 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 13 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 14 Riviera Maya
- 15 Excursions
- 16 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 18 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 19 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 20 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 21 Eric Brahms
- 22 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 23 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 24 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 25 Cancel a timeshare