We are traveling to Roatan for 2 weeks at Christmas with our 6 kids ages 15-25. We have reservations for the first 4 nights in West End at Posada Arco Iris. Then we have 2 days without plans before going to Utila for 4 more days where we rented an apartment at Sandy Bay. My question is: should we go to La Ceba for 2 days to the jungle tours before heading to Utila or is there plenty to do on Roatan. We will also have 3 days on Roatan at the end of the 2 weeks, with no plans for accommodations yet. If anyone has stayed at Posada Arco Iris, let me know if it is great and we should book it for the last 3 days of the Roatan trip or is there a better place in that same price range.(mid range budget) Traveling with 8 of us is expensive so we are trying to cut costs anywhere we can. That is why we are wondering if going to the mainland to the jungle is really worth it. Also any recommendations for places to stay in La Ceba for the jungle trips would be appreciated. And any recommendations for places to stay on Roatan, especially in the West Bay area, (which seems to be very expensive for our budget), or West End, would be appreciated. How are the jungles on Roatan? Thanks so much!!!!!!
Family vacation in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 2 Costa Rica help
- 3 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 4 Mexico City
- 5 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 6 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 7 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 8 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 9 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 10 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 11 Belize in June?
- 12 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 13 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 14 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 15 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 16 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 17 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 18 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 19 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 20 Monteverde Accomodations
- 21 Oaxaca in November
- 22 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 23 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 24 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 25 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???