We are traveling to Roatan for 2 weeks at Christmas with our 6 kids ages 15-25. We have reservations for the first 4 nights in West End at Posada Arco Iris. Then we have 2 days without plans before going to Utila for 4 more days where we rented an apartment at Sandy Bay. My question is: should we go to La Ceba for 2 days to the jungle tours before heading to Utila or is there plenty to do on Roatan. We will also have 3 days on Roatan at the end of the 2 weeks, with no plans for accommodations yet. If anyone has stayed at Posada Arco Iris, let me know if it is great and we should book it for the last 3 days of the Roatan trip or is there a better place in that same price range.(mid range budget) Traveling with 8 of us is expensive so we are trying to cut costs anywhere we can. That is why we are wondering if going to the mainland to the jungle is really worth it. Also any recommendations for places to stay in La Ceba for the jungle trips would be appreciated. And any recommendations for places to stay on Roatan, especially in the West Bay area, (which seems to be very expensive for our budget), or West End, would be appreciated. How are the jungles on Roatan? Thanks so much!!!!!!
Family vacation in Roatan
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 2 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 3 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 4 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 5 mayan ruins family trip
- 6 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 7 Playa del Carmen
- 8 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 9 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 10 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 11 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 12 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 13 Mexico
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 19 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 20 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 23 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 24 Los cabos in January
- 25 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec