I've been researching airfare and destinations for a one week trip for our family of five (22,25,27 year olds) to Mexico over Christmas. Thinking about Playa del Carmen, and wondering if there is a regular ferry and reasonably priced, if we opted to fly into Cozumel because of better flights than to Cancun. Also trying to decide between AI and a condo or villa rental. (we've had good luck with VRBO and AirBNB in Europe and domestically) We would like a nice beach, with water activities, maybe golf for the guys, and some nature & hiking. Staying in Cozumel didn't seem as nice with regards to beaches etc, unless maybe you are a diver. We've never vacationed in Mexico, other than a couple cruise ship port stops (Cozumel), which don't count. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 playa del carmen what to do
- 2 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 3 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 4 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 5 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 6 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 7 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 8 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 9 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 10 Panama Canal Excursions
- 11 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 12 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 13 Giving back to Mexio
- 14 2 months in Central America
- 15 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 16 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 17 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Belize planning help
- 19 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 20 Excellent News!
- 21 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 22 Mexico earthquake
- 23 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 24 Cabo
- 25 Best plan - suggestions