I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica--first time
- 2 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 3 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 4 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 5 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 6 Central America vacation in September
- 7 Granada or Leon
- 8 Rental Car in Mexico
- 9 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 10 Sandals in Cancún
- 11 Belize itinerary help
- 12 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 13 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 14 Costa Rica surfing
- 15 Nicaragua money questions
- 16 Blue Hole
- 17 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 18 Panama in December?
- 19 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 20 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 21 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 22 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 23 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 24 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 25 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations