I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
El Salvadorean cuisine - - - Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cuernavaca
- 3 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 4 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 5 cancun
- 6 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 7 best places in Baja
- 8 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 9 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 10 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 11 costa rica in two weeks
- 12 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 13 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 14 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 15 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 16 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 17 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 18 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 19 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 21 costa rica logistics
- 22 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 23 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 24 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 25 costa rica logistics again