I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Rain in Rivera Maya How bad is the weather in June.
- 2 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 3 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 4 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 5 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 6 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 7 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 8 help from a Panamanian
- 9 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 10 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 11 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 12 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 13 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 14 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 15 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 16 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 19 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 20 Music Video
- 21 July Adventure
- 22 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 23 Guatemala trip in August?
- 24 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 25 Driving Central America