I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
El Salvadorean cuisine - - - Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 2 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 3 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 4 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 5 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 6 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 7 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 8 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 9 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 10 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 11 Tulum (camping)
- 12 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 13 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 14 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 15 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 18 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 19 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 20 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 21 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 22 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 23 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 24 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 25 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive