I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
El Salvadorean cuisine - - - Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 2 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 3 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 4 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 5 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 La paz at christmas
- 8 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 9 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 10 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 11 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 12 Guatemala customs question
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 15 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 16 Costa Rica questions
- 17 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 18 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 19 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 20 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 21 Rainy season
- 22 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 23 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 24 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 25 booking rooms for spring break