I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
El Salvadorean cuisine - - - Please help!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica itinerary with young children
- 2 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3 Riviera maya
- 4 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 5 Cabo Alternative
- 6 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 7 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 8 Cancun in March
- 9 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 10 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 11 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 12 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 13 8 days in costa rica!
- 14 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 15 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 16 Car Rental in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 18 Belize
- 19 Planning trip to Panama
- 20 Copa Airlines?
- 21 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 22 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 23 bicycle through central america
- 24 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 25 Tijuana Safety in 2015?