I have a project for school in which I have to interview somebody from El Salvador or of El Salvadorean decent. Can someone please help???
The questions I need answered are:
What is your ethnic background?
Did your family immigrate to the Unites States?
If yes, how many generations ago?
Do you have a religious affiliation?
If yes, what is it?
What foods are indicative of your culture? What foods items are needed to make a meal for you?
How many meals do you eat every day? Do you snack?
Who usually shares the meals?
Who prepares the meals?
Where is food normally consumed?
How is food normally consumed?
How do your food habits differ from your family norms? In what significant ways do they differ?
What are symbolic meanings of food known to your culture?
Do you have any food ‘taboos’?
What are the major holidays you and your family celebrate each year?
What special foods are served for these holidays?
Do you fast? If yes, when? What, if any, foods are avoided and/why?
What foods (if any) do you eat to improve strength, endurance, and/or vitality?
What foods do you avoid to prevent illness or disease?
What foods do you eat to stay healthy?
What foods did your mother (or caregiver) feed you when you were sick?
What foods do you desire now when you are sick?
What foods do you eat to cure illnesses or disease?
What (if any) home, popular, or traditional therapies involving food, herbs, and/or vitamins and minerals do you utilize?
Why? Or why not?
What outside influences impact your consumption of your cultural foods?
What outside influences impact your beliefs of therapeutic uses of food?
How has the American culture influenced your cultural habits and traditions?
How do you feel your cultural habits and traditions have influenced American culture?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Database Cleansing And Verification For Software Companies A Must
- 2 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 3 Returning home
- 4 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 5 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 6 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 7 Interjet Airline
- 8 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 9 One month surf and yoga
- 10 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 11 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 12 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 13 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 16 Cancun all inclusive
- 17 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 18 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 19 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 21 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 22 White hair in Valladolid....
- 23 Roatan
- 24 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017