Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
El Salvador trip report
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 2 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 3 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 4 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 5 Costa Rica questions
- 6 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 7 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 8 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 9 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 Rainy season
- 12 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 13 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 14 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 15 booking rooms for spring break
- 16 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 17 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 20 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 21 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 22 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 23 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 24 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 25 Mextrotter