Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
El Salvador trip report
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 2 The product is really effective in reducing
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Mexico City
- 8 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 10 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 11 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 12 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 13 Central America travel over New Year's
- 14 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 15 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 16 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 17 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 18 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 19 Costa Rica help
- 20 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 21 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 22 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 23 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 24 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 25 Belize in June?