Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
El Salvador trip report
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 2 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 3 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 4 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 5 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 6 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 7 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 8 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 9 Riu vs Westin?
- 10 Sim card and power
- 11 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR