Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
El Salvador trip report
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 2 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 3 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 4 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 5 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 6 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 7 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 8 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 9 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 10 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 11 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 12 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 13 Tulum (camping)
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 16 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 17 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 18 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 19 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 20 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 21 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 22 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 23 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 24 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango