Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
El Salvador trip report
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 2 Belize
- 3 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 4 Planning trip to Panama
- 5 Car Rental in Panama
- 6 Copa Airlines?
- 7 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 8 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 9 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 10 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 11 bicycle through central america
- 12 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 13 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 14 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 15 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 16 Panama
- 17 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 18 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 19 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 20 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 21 Costa Rica
- 22 Which of these locations?
- 23 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 24 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 25 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!