I haven't read anything in this forum about vacationing in El Salvador, I lived there for a few years and remember going to the beach in a town named La Libertad. The sand was either pure white or black,(I was a child) and the seafood was great!! I know that this is a very poor country and has just come out of a civil war. Is is now relatively safe to visit the outlying towns?? Any info from someone that has been there or lives there would be greatly appreciated.
El Salvador, La Libertad
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Car rental in Cancun
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 4 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 5 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 6 Adopt an animal donation?
- 7 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 8 San Miguel De Allende
- 9 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 10 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 11 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 12 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints