I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Guanajuato
- 2 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 3 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 4 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 5 Amazing..
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 7 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 8 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 9 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 10 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 11 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 12 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 13 Fishing around Arenal
- 14 First time CR intinerary help
- 15 dental implants
- 16 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 17 Costa Rica- July trip
- 18 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 19 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 20 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 21 help from a Panamanian
- 22 Best Panama beach area?
- 23 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 24 Guanacaste
- 25 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta