I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 5 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 6 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 7 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 8 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 9 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Merida in March
- 12 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 13 Mexico in March - questions
- 14 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 17 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 18 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 19 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 20 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 21 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 22 travel in Yucatan
- 23 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 24 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 25 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize