I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Driving the Nicoya Peninsula in August
- 1 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 2 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?