I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 2 Solo touring in Panama City
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Mexico City and...?
- 5 Driving in CR
- 6 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 7 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 8 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 9 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 10 Tamarindo Sept
- 11 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 12 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 13 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 14 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 15 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 16 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 17 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help