I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 VitaPulse Review | http://www.potentbodyformation.com/vitapulse/
- 2 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 3 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 4 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 5 help from a Panamanian
- 6 Amazing..
- 7 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 8 Pearl Keys
- 9 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 10 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 11 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 12 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 13 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 14 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 15 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 16 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica
- 17 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 18 Food cost for Caye Caulker, Belize or the islands?
- 19 Do NOT use ALAMO
- 20 Costa Rica- July trip
- 21 5 night Itinerary - Yucatan Peninsula
- 22 7 day western carribean on Norwegian Getaway
- 23 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 24 Luxurious all inclusive for kids
- 25 Trip to Baja California