I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 CANON @printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 3 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 4 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 5 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 Cozumel airport transfers
- 8 Best plan - suggestions
- 9 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 10 Vacation choices
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 15 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 16 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 17 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 18 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 19 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 20 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 21 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 22 1/2 day excursions
- 23 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 24 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 25 top 8 cenotes to visit