I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Driving the Nicoya Peninsula in August
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 2 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 3 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 4 Osa Hotel Questions
- 5 Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 7 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 8 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 9 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 10 Trip ideas needed please
- 11 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 12 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 13 tours to gatun locks panama
- 14 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 15 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 16 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 17 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 20 Mex City Restaurant
- 21 Guidebook for Oaxaca
- 22 costa rica in two weeks
- 23 Airport policy for departures in Costa Rica
- 24 Cancun Hotel
- 25 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya