I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 1-800-841-6436 dial now netflix support phone number
- 2 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 3 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 6 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 7 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 8 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 9 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 11 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 12 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 13 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 14 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 15 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 16 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 17 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 18 Music Video
- 19 July Adventure
- 20 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 21 Guatemala trip in August?
- 22 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 23 Driving Central America
- 24 Nicaragua -- connection
- 25 Driving in Mexico