I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Driving the Nicoya Peninsula in August
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 2 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 3 Renting a car in Cancun
- 4 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 5 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 6 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 7 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 8 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 9 A Week in Montezuma
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 13 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 14 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 15 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 16 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 17 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 21 Belize Itinerary help!
- 22 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 23 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 24 Costa Rica Travel
- 25 Planning Mexico by February