I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 May in Central America
- 2 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 3 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 4 Four night is PV
- 5 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 6 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 7 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 8 San Miguel
- 9 Oaxaca in march
- 10 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 13 Snorkeling trips
- 14 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 15 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 16 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 17 best new site in costa rica
- 18 Tikal, Guatemala
- 19 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 20 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 22 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 23 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 24 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 25 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!