I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 2 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 3 Honeymoon August 2016
- 4 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 5 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 6 Mexico City weather
- 7 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 8 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 9 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 10 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 11 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 12 Cancun AI resorts
- 13 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 14 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 15 Layover in Mexico City
- 16 Cheap Airfare on United
- 17 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 18 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 19 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 20 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 21 Cancun and Tulum
- 22 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 23 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 24 February in Costa Rica
- 25 Wild Planet Adventures