I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 2 Planning a car trip
- 3 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 4 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 5 first timers planning our own trip
- 6 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 7 Beach for kids in CR
- 8 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 9 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 10 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 11 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 12 Costa Rica itinerary
- 13 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 14 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 15 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 16 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 17 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 18 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 20 La Fortuna via Poas
- 21 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter