I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chef/Cater in El Valle, Panama
- 2 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 3 Best resort for our situation?
- 4 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 5 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Driver needed for Panama City
- 8 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 9 Tikal
- 10 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 11 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 12 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 13 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 14 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 15 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 16 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 17 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 18 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 19 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 20 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 21 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 22 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 23 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 24 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 25 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal