I will be in Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and for the second leg of my journey, I will be driving from Liberia to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area to visit a friend of mine that lives there. I have reserved a Toyota 4Runner 4x4 for the trip, but have been a little more concerned lately about what the conditions will be like. I am, and have been told to expect rough, muddy roads, and possibly some river crossings?? I will be taking the HWY 21 through Santa Cruz and then onto Hwy160 through Cobano and onto Mal Pais. So my Questions are here...
1. Is this the best route to take for the best roads that can be had for this time of year?
2. Will the vehicle I have rented be adequate for this trip?
3. What extra equipment should I have in my vehicle for the conditions?
4. Am I really crazy to do this, alone, during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/vtrex/
- 2 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 3 PV: up the hill or closer to the beach?
- 4 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Mexico in 8 days
- 6 reliable car rental company??
- 7 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 8 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 9 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 10 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 11 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 12 Sayulita in September
- 13 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 15 Renting Car in Mexico
- 16 Car Rental in Cancun
- 17 Costa Rica
- 18 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 19 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 20 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 21 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 22 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 23 Planning a trip to Panama
- 24 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize