I will be traveling from Manuel Antonio to Arenal (La Fortuna). We have plan to rent a car and will be making the drive. The route I am looking at is:
1) Manuel Antonio route 34 - to - Cerr Bajo, turn onto route 27
2) In Orotina, take route 3 to route 713
3) From San Ramon, take 702 to La Fortuna
Is this a good way to go? How are the roads, in particular 702 and 713? It looks like there is a short distance of gravel road near Zapote, but only for a few miles. Is the rest of 713 and 702 paved?
Would you recommend another way such as route 141
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://healthflyup.com/geneticore-boost/
- 2 Best route from La Fortuna to Limon? Cost Rica
- 3 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 4 Belize planning help
- 5 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 6 Puerto Vallarta scenery
- 7 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Cenotes of Homún, south of Mérida
- 9 Belize good place to live for expats?
- 10 My thought go out towards Mexicans
- 11 playa del carmen what to do
- 12 Transportation from Airport to Panama City Hotel
- 13 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 14 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 15 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 16 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 17 Panama Canal Excursions
- 18 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 19 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 20 Giving back to Mexio
- 21 2 months in Central America
- 22 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 23 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 24 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 25 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids