I will be traveling from Manuel Antonio to Arenal (La Fortuna). We have plan to rent a car and will be making the drive. The route I am looking at is:
1) Manuel Antonio route 34 - to - Cerr Bajo, turn onto route 27
2) In Orotina, take route 3 to route 713
3) From San Ramon, take 702 to La Fortuna
Is this a good way to go? How are the roads, in particular 702 and 713? It looks like there is a short distance of gravel road near Zapote, but only for a few miles. Is the rest of 713 and 702 paved?
Would you recommend another way such as route 141
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 2 Car rental-Costa Rica
- 3 mexico city and puebla?
- 4 Help with Costa Rica Itinerary- 9 days
- 5 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Costa Maya & Mahahual
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 10 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 11 10 Day Costa Rica
- 12 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 13 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 14 Cancun to Guatemala
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 17 San Miguel trivia
- 18 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 20 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 21 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 22 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 23 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 24 puerto vallarta
- 25 California Baja