I will be traveling from Manuel Antonio to Arenal (La Fortuna). We have plan to rent a car and will be making the drive. The route I am looking at is:
1) Manuel Antonio route 34 - to - Cerr Bajo, turn onto route 27
2) In Orotina, take route 3 to route 713
3) From San Ramon, take 702 to La Fortuna
Is this a good way to go? How are the roads, in particular 702 and 713? It looks like there is a short distance of gravel road near Zapote, but only for a few miles. Is the rest of 713 and 702 paved?
Would you recommend another way such as route 141
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun to Guatemala
- 2 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 3 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 4 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 5 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 6 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 7 San Miguel trivia
- 8 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 9 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 10 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 11 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 12 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 13 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 14 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 15 puerto vallarta
- 16 California Baja
- 17 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 18 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 21 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 22 Mexico City over Christmas
- 23 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 24 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 25 best shoes for Costa Rica