DH and I are wondering what people's opinion is on driving down the Pacific side from Guatamala to Panama then up the east coast thru Nicaragua and Honduras to Belize. Is that not a safe idea, or should we consider driving thru some parts and flying thru other less 'desirable" areas. We would stay in hotels or b&b's, and rent a car. Does anyone have a suggestion on some other form of travel that would be safer and still see a lot of the country, without belonging to a bus tour group?
Driving in C.America
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 2 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 3 cancun
- 4 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 5 best places in Baja
- 6 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 7 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 8 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 9 costa rica in two weeks
- 10 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 11 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 12 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 13 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 14 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 15 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 16 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 17 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 19 costa rica logistics
- 20 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 21 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 22 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 23 costa rica logistics again
- 24 Mexico Trip
- 25 Itinerary help Montericco or Rio Dulce