DH and I are wondering what people's opinion is on driving down the Pacific side from Guatamala to Panama then up the east coast thru Nicaragua and Honduras to Belize. Is that not a safe idea, or should we consider driving thru some parts and flying thru other less 'desirable" areas. We would stay in hotels or b&b's, and rent a car. Does anyone have a suggestion on some other form of travel that would be safer and still see a lot of the country, without belonging to a bus tour group?
Driving in C.America
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 2 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 5 Merida-where to stay
- 6 Mexico City Hotels
- 7 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 10 Snorkeling
- 11 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 12 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 13 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 14 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 15 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 16 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 18 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 19 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 21 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 22 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 23 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 24 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 25 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's