DH and I are wondering what people's opinion is on driving down the Pacific side from Guatamala to Panama then up the east coast thru Nicaragua and Honduras to Belize. Is that not a safe idea, or should we consider driving thru some parts and flying thru other less 'desirable" areas. We would stay in hotels or b&b's, and rent a car. Does anyone have a suggestion on some other form of travel that would be safer and still see a lot of the country, without belonging to a bus tour group?
Driving in C.America
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 2 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 3 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 6 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?