I am a 58 year old single woman who is keen to explore Central Mexico & America by car. I hope to retire somewhere near the coast and want to see for myself what's available. I am thinking Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. Where would it be best to start my tour? Will I be safe traveling alone? Can I bring my dog with me, (might make me feel safer)? I'll want to do some sightseeing as well as fact finding. I want to snorkel, scuba dive, maybe ride horses and do some hiking. I want to see some ruins as well as just lie on the beach. When will be the cheapest time of year to go. I don't mind the rainy season as long as I can still log some beach time. I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Any experienced expats out there? I
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 2 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 3 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 4 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 5 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 La paz at christmas
- 8 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 9 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 10 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 11 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 12 Guatemala customs question
- 13 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 14 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 15 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 16 Costa Rica questions
- 17 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 18 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 19 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 20 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 21 Rainy season
- 22 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 23 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 24 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 25 booking rooms for spring break