I am a 58 year old single woman who is keen to explore Central Mexico & America by car. I hope to retire somewhere near the coast and want to see for myself what's available. I am thinking Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. Where would it be best to start my tour? Will I be safe traveling alone? Can I bring my dog with me, (might make me feel safer)? I'll want to do some sightseeing as well as fact finding. I want to snorkel, scuba dive, maybe ride horses and do some hiking. I want to see some ruins as well as just lie on the beach. When will be the cheapest time of year to go. I don't mind the rainy season as long as I can still log some beach time. I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Any experienced expats out there? I
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica & Panama
- 2 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 3 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 4 Tela and La Ceiba
- 5 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 7 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 8 March/April weather
- 9 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 10 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 11 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 12 One Week in Southern Belize
- 13 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 14 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 15 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 16 Costa Rica four nights
- 17 One Day San Jose
- 18 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 19 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 20 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 21 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 22 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 23 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 24 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!