I am a 58 year old single woman who is keen to explore Central Mexico & America by car. I hope to retire somewhere near the coast and want to see for myself what's available. I am thinking Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. Where would it be best to start my tour? Will I be safe traveling alone? Can I bring my dog with me, (might make me feel safer)? I'll want to do some sightseeing as well as fact finding. I want to snorkel, scuba dive, maybe ride horses and do some hiking. I want to see some ruins as well as just lie on the beach. When will be the cheapest time of year to go. I don't mind the rainy season as long as I can still log some beach time. I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Any experienced expats out there? I
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 driving question
- 2 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 3 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 4 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 5 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 6 Departure tax
- 7 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 8 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 9 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 10 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 11 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 12 Costa Rica first timers
- 13 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 14 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 15 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 16 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 18 think twice before using expedia
- 19 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 20 best places in Baja
- 21 Beachfront in Tulum
- 22 Belize, first time
- 23 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 24 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 25 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered