I am a 58 year old single woman who is keen to explore Central Mexico & America by car. I hope to retire somewhere near the coast and want to see for myself what's available. I am thinking Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. Where would it be best to start my tour? Will I be safe traveling alone? Can I bring my dog with me, (might make me feel safer)? I'll want to do some sightseeing as well as fact finding. I want to snorkel, scuba dive, maybe ride horses and do some hiking. I want to see some ruins as well as just lie on the beach. When will be the cheapest time of year to go. I don't mind the rainy season as long as I can still log some beach time. I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Any experienced expats out there? I
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Southwest will fly to Costa Rica
- 2 cancun
- 3 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 4 best places in Baja
- 5 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 6 Cuernavaca
- 7 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 8 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 9 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 10 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 11 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 12 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 13 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 14 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 15 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 16 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 17 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 18 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 19 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 21 costa rica logistics
- 22 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 23 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 24 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 25 costa rica logistics again