I am a 58 year old single woman who is keen to explore Central Mexico & America by car. I hope to retire somewhere near the coast and want to see for myself what's available. I am thinking Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. Where would it be best to start my tour? Will I be safe traveling alone? Can I bring my dog with me, (might make me feel safer)? I'll want to do some sightseeing as well as fact finding. I want to snorkel, scuba dive, maybe ride horses and do some hiking. I want to see some ruins as well as just lie on the beach. When will be the cheapest time of year to go. I don't mind the rainy season as long as I can still log some beach time. I am thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. Any and all advise will be appreciated. Any experienced expats out there? I
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 3 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 4 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 7 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 8 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 9 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 10 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 11 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 12 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 13 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 14 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 15 Merida-where to stay
- 16 Mexico City Hotels
- 17 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 19 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 24 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 25 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip