Hola! I have lived in Mexico City for two years now, and did purchase the vehicle permit, and have an FM2. I drove to Mexico once, and once back. This will be my second trip driving back, and I needed to know, I developed a crack in my windshield, and it is spreading. In order to pass registration in the United States, I will need to replace the windshield. Can I cut out the permit I bought, and replace on the new windshield with velcro? This way the permit will match the paper I received when I bought the permit. Does anyone know if that us allowed? Removing the permit physically, will ruin the permit? Worst case, I can allow the temporary registration in the U.S. to expire, return to in Mexico with the cracked windshield, and try to replace when in Mexico, but that still leaves me with removing the permit from the old windshield.. ) Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Crossing Laredo Mexico from the states
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Car rental in Cancun
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 4 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 5 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 6 San Miguel De Allende
- 7 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 8 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 9 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 10 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints