Hola! I have lived in Mexico City for two years now, and did purchase the vehicle permit, and have an FM2. I drove to Mexico once, and once back. This will be my second trip driving back, and I needed to know, I developed a crack in my windshield, and it is spreading. In order to pass registration in the United States, I will need to replace the windshield. Can I cut out the permit I bought, and replace on the new windshield with velcro? This way the permit will match the paper I received when I bought the permit. Does anyone know if that us allowed? Removing the permit physically, will ruin the permit? Worst case, I can allow the temporary registration in the U.S. to expire, return to in Mexico with the cracked windshield, and try to replace when in Mexico, but that still leaves me with removing the permit from the old windshield.. ) Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Crossing Laredo Mexico from the states
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 2 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 3 Costa Rica & Panama
- 4 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 5 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 6 Tela and La Ceiba
- 7 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 8 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 9 March/April weather
- 10 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 11 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 One Week in Southern Belize
- 14 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 15 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Costa Rica four nights
- 18 One Day San Jose
- 19 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 20 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 21 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 22 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 23 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 24 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!