Hola! I have lived in Mexico City for two years now, and did purchase the vehicle permit, and have an FM2. I drove to Mexico once, and once back. This will be my second trip driving back, and I needed to know, I developed a crack in my windshield, and it is spreading. In order to pass registration in the United States, I will need to replace the windshield. Can I cut out the permit I bought, and replace on the new windshield with velcro? This way the permit will match the paper I received when I bought the permit. Does anyone know if that us allowed? Removing the permit physically, will ruin the permit? Worst case, I can allow the temporary registration in the U.S. to expire, return to in Mexico with the cracked windshield, and try to replace when in Mexico, but that still leaves me with removing the permit from the old windshield.. ) Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Crossing Laredo Mexico from the states
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 3 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 4 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 7 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 8 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 9 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 10 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 11 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 12 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 13 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 14 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 15 Merida-where to stay
- 16 Mexico City Hotels
- 17 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 19 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 24 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 25 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip