Hola! I have lived in Mexico City for two years now, and did purchase the vehicle permit, and have an FM2. I drove to Mexico once, and once back. This will be my second trip driving back, and I needed to know, I developed a crack in my windshield, and it is spreading. In order to pass registration in the United States, I will need to replace the windshield. Can I cut out the permit I bought, and replace on the new windshield with velcro? This way the permit will match the paper I received when I bought the permit. Does anyone know if that us allowed? Removing the permit physically, will ruin the permit? Worst case, I can allow the temporary registration in the U.S. to expire, return to in Mexico with the cracked windshield, and try to replace when in Mexico, but that still leaves me with removing the permit from the old windshield.. ) Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Crossing Laredo Mexico from the states
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 3 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 4 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 5 Central America travel over New Year's
- 6 Mexico City
- 7 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 8 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 9 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 10 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 11 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica help
- 13 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 14 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 15 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 16 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 17 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 18 Belize in June?
- 19 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 20 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 21 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 22 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 23 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 24 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!