Hola! I have lived in Mexico City for two years now, and did purchase the vehicle permit, and have an FM2. I drove to Mexico once, and once back. This will be my second trip driving back, and I needed to know, I developed a crack in my windshield, and it is spreading. In order to pass registration in the United States, I will need to replace the windshield. Can I cut out the permit I bought, and replace on the new windshield with velcro? This way the permit will match the paper I received when I bought the permit. Does anyone know if that us allowed? Removing the permit physically, will ruin the permit? Worst case, I can allow the temporary registration in the U.S. to expire, return to in Mexico with the cracked windshield, and try to replace when in Mexico, but that still leaves me with removing the permit from the old windshield.. ) Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
Crossing Laredo Mexico from the states
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 2 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 3 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 4 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 5 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 6 Mexico Trip
- 7 Osa Hotel Questions
- 8 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 9 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 10 Cabo San Lucas
- 11 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 12 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 13 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 14 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 15 Trip ideas needed please
- 16 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 17 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 18 tours to gatun locks panama
- 19 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 20 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 21 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 24 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 25 Mex City Restaurant