Hello, We are a young couple with some adventure travel experience. We are flying into SJO on Oct. 25, and were thinking of driving directly to either the Whale Marine Park or to to the Osa Peninsula. We thought we could drive our rental 4x4 to the inland Los Patos ranger station, stay at a lodge somewhere close by and start exploring the park from there. However, it looks like the park receives pretty serious rainfall this time of year. Would love feedback from travelers who've visited the park at this point in green season. Thanks!
Crazy to drive from San Jose to Corcovado National Park at end of October?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 6 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 7 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 8 Somewhere hot!
- 9 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 10 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 11 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Cancun-discounts.com
- 14 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 15 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 16 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 17 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 18 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 20 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 21 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 22 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 23 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 24 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 25 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?