My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 2 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 3 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 4 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 7 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 8 reliable car rental company??
- 9 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 10 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 14 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 15 best air route san diego to san jose
- 16 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 17 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 18 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 19 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 20 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 21 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 22 Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 24 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 25 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...