My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report - mother/daughter
- 2 Tortuguero, Costa Rica - Central America's Amazon
- 3 Merida in March
- 4 all inclusive resort on the beach
- 5 Mexico in March - questions
- 6 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 9 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 10 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 11 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 12 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 13 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 14 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 15 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 16 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 17 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 18 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 19 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 20 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 21 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 22 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 23 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 24 travel in Yucatan
- 25 Driving through Mexico to Belize