My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Costa Rica-- Which beaches?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 2 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 3 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 4 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 5 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 6 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 7 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 8 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 9 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 10 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 11 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 12 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 13 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 14 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 15 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 16 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 17 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 18 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 19 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 20 Tulum (camping)
- 21 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 22 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 23 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 24 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 25 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico