My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Costa Rica-- Which beaches?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Panama in October
- 2 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 5 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 6 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 7 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 8 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 9 Monteverde from Liberia
- 10 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 11 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 12 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 13 mayan ruins family trip
- 14 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 15 Playa del Carmen
- 16 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation
- 21 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 22 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 23 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 24 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 25 How safe is driving a car through Mexico