My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 2 Mexico City over Christmas
- 3 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 4 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 5 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 6 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 7 Cozumel airport transfers
- 8 Best plan - suggestions
- 9 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 10 Vacation choices
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 15 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 16 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 17 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 18 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 19 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 20 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 21 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 22 1/2 day excursions
- 23 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 24 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 25 top 8 cenotes to visit