My family and I will be taking our first trip to Costa Rica in February. I'm starting to gather information to make our itinerary. We are staying in Jaco, but would like to visit different beaches close to there. We will have a rental car. My concern is the current. I have read on several websites that certain beaches are not good for swimming. As I'll have my 7 and 11 year old children with me, I would prefer calmer beaches. Can you please recommend beaches in the area (within an hour either way) that are good for swimming children? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 4 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 5 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 6 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 7 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 8 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 9 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 10 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 11 Fonda Vela
- 12 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 13 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 14 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 15 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 16 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 17 Driver needed for Panama City
- 18 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 19 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 20 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 21 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 22 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 23 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 24 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 25 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge