Just got back from a 11 day Costa Rica trip. It was great! Country beautiful and the people were all helpful and nice. Flew into Liberia and stayed at the Hotel Santa Ana near the airport for the night. Arranged transportation and the Arenal Volcano activities through DeSafio Adventure co. Very professional and a lot of fun. Stayed at the Arenal Observatory Lodge (about 30/40 min from LaFortuna) and a little more money for the transportation to and from, but for us, well worth it. Lodge is beautiful, right at the base of the volcano and a lot of hiking trails and things to do. Restaurant was also excellent. Did the Mambo Combo and Venado Cave through DeSafio. The guides were very concerned about safety and at no time during the Mambo Combo did I feel unsafe. Also for DeSafio drivers and the other tourism drivers of Costa Rica, a round of applause!!! The roads are bumpy, rocky and when it rains hard to travel, but these guys (double R trill Roy and Eddy to name a few) are experts! Made the travel fun. I would highly recommend DeSafio Adventures. We booked the boat, taxi ride to Santa Elena through AnywhereCosta Rica. It was an adventure to get there (roads). Stayed at Arco Iris in Santa Elena (what a great place). Beautiful setting right in town. Reception very helpful and helped us book the coffee plantation, night tours and zip lining. We used Selvatura Tours for zip lining and Tarzan Yell. Again, guides were great! Very safety conscious. Great fun! The last place we went was Playa Potrero and stayed at Bahia Del Sol. Beautiful beach hotel. Great service, loved their Mango Mint drink and the stay. I would highly recommend. It was a great trip!!!! Thanks to all the nice and helpful people we met along the way!
Costa Rica Trip
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 2 8 days in costa rica!
- 3 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 4 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 5 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 6 Car Rental in Panama
- 7 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 8 Belize
- 9 Planning trip to Panama
- 10 Copa Airlines?
- 11 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 12 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 14 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 15 bicycle through central america
- 16 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 17 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 18 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 19 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 20 Panama
- 21 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 22 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 23 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 24 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 25 Costa Rica