I am interested in visiting Costa Rica for the first time in March for 7-8 days. I understand that the last week of March is holy week (Semana Santa) and so prices are higher and places book up fast. I certainly will want to avoid this week. I am a bit overwhelmed though after reading the forums and getting advice from friends. We are a couple in our early 40's who enjoy adventure but also the beach/relaxation time. We enjoy mingling with the locals and trying different food. We are not interested in 5 star resorts but do like a clean, comfortable place to stay. My boyfriend enjoys renting a car and exploring on his own (is this safe?) I hear the arsenal volcano should not be avoided. I hear Uvita is gorgeous. I also am interested in the Tabacon Hot Springs. We love to kayak and snorkel as well. I guess I need a little help on narrowing the region down to visit first before looking into hotels. Any help is greatly appreciated as I know we can't do it all. Thank you!
Costa Rica--suggestions on places to visit
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 5 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 6 Cancun-discounts.com
- 7 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 10 Apartment Finders
- 11 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 14 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 15 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 16 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old