Hello fellow travelers,
I am seeking a volunteer site in Costa Rica that offers low cost volunteer opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please share them here.
Here is a list of things that I am looking for:
-low cost ($200-250 per week for food and accommodations)
-small registration fee (max $200)
-short term (3 weeks)
-lodging with local family or other native speakers
-an opportunity to use my intermediate level Spanish skills (so no teaching English)
-interacting mostly with adults (a little bit with children is ok, just not all of the time)
While I am interested in women's issues, I am open to other options too that will be of benefit to a local community.
After hours of searching, I finally found a great site that offers placements in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador. Unfortunately, I realized later that airfare to Peru is 3 times greater than Costa Rica. So due to my budget, I really need to stay within Costa Rica.
Here is a link to the organization I was talking about though. It has such great rates, I think it needs to be shared.
Costa Rica - Seeking cheap volunteer organization fees
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun-discounts.com
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July