Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 2 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 3 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 4 driving down through mexico
- 5 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 6 Things to do in Cabo
- 7 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 8 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 9 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 13 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 14 Driving in Mexico
- 15 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 16 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 17 unsafe?
- 18 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 19 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 21 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 22 Driving in Costa Rica
- 23 Playa Mujeres
- 24 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 25 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?