Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Rain in Rivera Maya How bad is the weather in June.
- 2 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 3 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 6 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 7 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 8 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 9 help from a Panamanian
- 10 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 11 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 12 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 13 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 14 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 15 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 16 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 19 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 20 Music Video
- 21 July Adventure
- 22 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 23 Guatemala trip in August?
- 24 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 25 Driving Central America