Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 2 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 3 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 4 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 5 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 6 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 7 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 8 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 9 Fonda Vela
- 10 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 11 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 12 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 13 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 14 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 15 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 16 Driver needed for Panama City
- 17 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 18 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 19 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 20 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 21 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 22 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 23 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 24 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 25 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan