Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Costa Rica: rental cars vs. taxi/shuttles
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 2 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 3 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 4 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 5 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 6 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 7 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 8 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 9 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 10 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 11 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 12 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 13 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 14 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 15 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 16 Costa Rica
- 17 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 18 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 19 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 20 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 21 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 22 Tocumen Airport layover
- 23 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca
- 24 Peace Lodge? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Sayulita infomation