Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 2 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 3 Guanajuato
- 4 Activities Near Los Suenos Marriott?
- 5 Fishing around Arenal
- 6 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 7 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 8 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 9 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 10 Amazing..
- 11 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 12 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 16 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 17 First time CR intinerary help
- 18 dental implants
- 19 Costa Rica- July trip
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 22 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Best Panama beach area?
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize