Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Costa Rica: rental cars vs. taxi/shuttles
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Departure tax
- 3 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 4 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 5 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 6 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 7 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 8 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 9 Costa Rica first timers
- 10 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 11 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 12 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 13 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 14 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 15 think twice before using expedia
- 16 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 best places in Baja
- 18 Beachfront in Tulum
- 19 Belize, first time
- 20 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 21 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 22 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 23 Costa Rica with young kids
- 24 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 25 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids