Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Costa Rica: rental cars vs. taxi/shuttles
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 2 First Timer to Mexico - Itinerary help please
- 3 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 4 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 5 The product is really effective in reducing
- 6 Food poisoning?
- 7 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 8 Mexico City
- 9 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 11 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 12 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 13 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 14 Central America travel over New Year's
- 15 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 16 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 17 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 18 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 19 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 20 Costa Rica help
- 21 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 22 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 23 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 24 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 25 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price