Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Costa Rica: rental cars vs. taxi/shuttles
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 2 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 3 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 4 Merida-where to stay
- 5 Mexico City Hotels
- 6 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 8 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 9 Snorkeling
- 10 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 11 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 12 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 13 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 14 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 15 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 16 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 18 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 19 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 21 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 22 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 23 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 24 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 25 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's