Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 4 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 5 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 6 3rd-10th april
- 7 May in Central America
- 8 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 9 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 10 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 11 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 12 Four night is PV
- 13 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 14 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 15 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 16 San Miguel
- 17 Oaxaca in march
- 18 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 19 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 20 Snorkeling trips
- 21 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 22 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 23 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 24 best new site in costa rica
- 25 Tikal, Guatemala