Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Camera & Accessories
- 2 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 3 Savegre Hotel
- 4 Wildlife in Belize
- 5 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 6 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 7 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 8 Costa Rica
- 9 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 10 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 11 Westjet flights to Merida
- 12 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 13 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 14 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 15 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 16 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 17 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 18 Belize - Where to Go?
- 19 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 20 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 21 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 22 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 23 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
- 24 Nicaraguan Beaches
- 25 Nicaragua money questions