Spending a week in Costa Rica (Arenal & MA) in March. Ive been looking at prices for shuttles and transfers as well as car rental. A rental car for the six days we will be there is under $100 (compact size). One way transfers are a little more than that.
Is it safe to drive? we are arrive to SJ around noon and leaving around the same time, so we would be doing those drives early. Would you recommend driving? I have read that it is safe, but some of those threads are older. Anybody been there recently? It will just be DH and I. He has driven in Mexico and other vacations (Puerto Rico & Hawaii).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 2 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 3 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 4 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 5 10 Day Costa Rica
- 6 Cancun to Guatemala
- 7 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 8 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 9 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 10 San Miguel trivia
- 11 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 13 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 14 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 15 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 18 puerto vallarta
- 19 California Baja
- 20 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 21 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 24 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 25 Mexico City over Christmas