What makes a good swimming beach is different for each person. I wonder if visitors to this Costa Rica forum might do a great favor for all and add their opinions about the Pacific Coast playas as they relate to swimming. If you have had first hand experience (no hearsay or conjecture, please) at any of the Pacific playas mentioned in Fodor's could you please name them and characterize them as one of the following: 1) calm, 2) good wave action but still safe, 3) strong waves and swimmer beware, 4) dangerous, 5) walking only. Additional info as it relates to swimming and sunning should help, too. It might be great input in helping people decide which beach is for them. Looking forward to the results....
Costa Rica Pacific Coast Beaches-A Survey
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 2 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 3 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 4 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 5 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 6 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 7 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 8 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 9 Riu vs Westin?
- 10 Sim card and power
- 11 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR