Our family of 6 - mom, dad, 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 5, and a grandmother are planning a trip to Costa Rica for a week in June. We are flying into Liberia airport and are planning on staying 4 nights at one of the rental properties in Playa Negra. However, we are undecided on what to do on the following 3 nights. We are considering either staying at La Carolina Lodge close to Volcano Tenorio and Rio Celeste or staying at a horse ranch close to La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano. What is the best option for us considering we plan to do a lot of activities like horse back riding, hiking easy trails, hot springs and possible zip lining. I'm not sure that La Carolina Lodge is worth the extract cost since it would be around $300 for our family to stay there versus $200 at the horse ranch near La Fortuna. Thank you in advance for all your helpful suggestions
Costa Rica itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua