Our family of 6 - mom, dad, 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 5, and a grandmother are planning a trip to Costa Rica for a week in June. We are flying into Liberia airport and are planning on staying 4 nights at one of the rental properties in Playa Negra. However, we are undecided on what to do on the following 3 nights. We are considering either staying at La Carolina Lodge close to Volcano Tenorio and Rio Celeste or staying at a horse ranch close to La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano. What is the best option for us considering we plan to do a lot of activities like horse back riding, hiking easy trails, hot springs and possible zip lining. I'm not sure that La Carolina Lodge is worth the extract cost since it would be around $300 for our family to stay there versus $200 at the horse ranch near La Fortuna. Thank you in advance for all your helpful suggestions
Costa Rica itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Cancun
- 2 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 5 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 6 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 7 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 8 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 9 A Week in Montezuma
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 13 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 14 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 15 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 16 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 17 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 21 Belize Itinerary help!
- 22 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 23 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 24 Costa Rica Travel
- 25 Planning Mexico by February