Our family of 6 - mom, dad, 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 5, and a grandmother are planning a trip to Costa Rica for a week in June. We are flying into Liberia airport and are planning on staying 4 nights at one of the rental properties in Playa Negra. However, we are undecided on what to do on the following 3 nights. We are considering either staying at La Carolina Lodge close to Volcano Tenorio and Rio Celeste or staying at a horse ranch close to La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano. What is the best option for us considering we plan to do a lot of activities like horse back riding, hiking easy trails, hot springs and possible zip lining. I'm not sure that La Carolina Lodge is worth the extract cost since it would be around $300 for our family to stay there versus $200 at the horse ranch near La Fortuna. Thank you in advance for all your helpful suggestions
Costa Rica itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning trip to Panama
- 2 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 3 Car Rental in Panama
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 6 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 7 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 8 Belize
- 9 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 10 bicycle through central america
- 11 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 12 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 13 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 14 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 15 Panama
- 16 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 17 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 18 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 19 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 20 Costa Rica
- 21 Which of these locations?
- 22 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 23 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 24 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 25 Renting a car in Cancun