Our family of 6 - mom, dad, 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 5, and a grandmother are planning a trip to Costa Rica for a week in June. We are flying into Liberia airport and are planning on staying 4 nights at one of the rental properties in Playa Negra. However, we are undecided on what to do on the following 3 nights. We are considering either staying at La Carolina Lodge close to Volcano Tenorio and Rio Celeste or staying at a horse ranch close to La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano. What is the best option for us considering we plan to do a lot of activities like horse back riding, hiking easy trails, hot springs and possible zip lining. I'm not sure that La Carolina Lodge is worth the extract cost since it would be around $300 for our family to stay there versus $200 at the horse ranch near La Fortuna. Thank you in advance for all your helpful suggestions
Costa Rica itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Departure tax
- 3 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 4 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 5 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 6 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 7 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 8 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 9 Costa Rica first timers
- 10 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 11 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 12 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 13 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 14 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 15 think twice before using expedia
- 16 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 best places in Baja
- 18 Beachfront in Tulum
- 19 Belize, first time
- 20 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 21 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 22 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 23 Costa Rica with young kids
- 24 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 25 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids