We will be in Costa Rica for 2 weeks between the end of January and the beginning of February.
We tried to plan a bit the itinerary and we came to this:
1: First night in San Jose, we will arrive late in the evening.
2: Organized trip to Tortuguero (it is maybe good to have something organized for the first days since we will have some jet-lag problems...).
3: Back to San Jose and flight to Puerto Jimenez (if we do not manage to fly the same evening, we will sleep in San Jose and take a plane the next morning).
4: La Leona ecolodge
5: Walk to Sirena
6: Walk back to La Leona
7 e 8: Rent a car and spend the two days on the coast to Puntarenas.
9: Arrive in Puntarenas, take a ferry to Playa Naranjo,and drive to Samara.
10 e 11: two nights at Villa Baula.
12 e 13: Poas volcano.
14: Back to San Jose, and then back home the next morning at 7.00!
- What do you think about our itinerary? Should we "move" some night somewhere else?
We are wondering if we should spend one more night at Sirena and one less at Poas.
- Corcovado tour: we asked at La Leona ecolodge and they can organize a guide for us for 120 $/day for the walk to Sirena. It is quite a lot... Can maybe someone recommend to us a "private" guide? Would it be cheaper?
- Always for Corcovado: do we really need boots?
- Car rental: What is the best option for a car rental, assuming that we are at La Leona?(Where? Which company?) La Leona suggested us: toyotarent, alamocostarica, solidcarrental.
- 2 days on the coast (7 and 8): some advice? What are the best places to visit? Where to stay?
It should be all for the moment...
Thanks a lot!
Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 2 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 3 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 4 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 5 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 6 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 7 Looking for member reviews of Gran Caribe Real in Cancun
- 8 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 9 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 10 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 11 celebration in Huatulco - Villa Pacifico or VillaBlanca or other? Help please
- 12 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 13 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 14 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 15 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 16 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 17 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 18 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 19 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help
- 20 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 21 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 22 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 23 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 24 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 25 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?