We will be in Costa Rica for 2 weeks between the end of January and the beginning of February.
We tried to plan a bit the itinerary and we came to this:
1: First night in San Jose, we will arrive late in the evening.
2: Organized trip to Tortuguero (it is maybe good to have something organized for the first days since we will have some jet-lag problems...).
3: Back to San Jose and flight to Puerto Jimenez (if we do not manage to fly the same evening, we will sleep in San Jose and take a plane the next morning).
4: La Leona ecolodge
5: Walk to Sirena
6: Walk back to La Leona
7 e 8: Rent a car and spend the two days on the coast to Puntarenas.
9: Arrive in Puntarenas, take a ferry to Playa Naranjo,and drive to Samara.
10 e 11: two nights at Villa Baula.
12 e 13: Poas volcano.
14: Back to San Jose, and then back home the next morning at 7.00!
- What do you think about our itinerary? Should we "move" some night somewhere else?
We are wondering if we should spend one more night at Sirena and one less at Poas.
- Corcovado tour: we asked at La Leona ecolodge and they can organize a guide for us for 120 $/day for the walk to Sirena. It is quite a lot... Can maybe someone recommend to us a "private" guide? Would it be cheaper?
- Always for Corcovado: do we really need boots?
- Car rental: What is the best option for a car rental, assuming that we are at La Leona?(Where? Which company?) La Leona suggested us: toyotarent, alamocostarica, solidcarrental.
- 2 days on the coast (7 and 8): some advice? What are the best places to visit? Where to stay?
It should be all for the moment...
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/blackcore-edge-/
- 2 Ideas for month travel
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Ideas for activities in Riviera Maya vicinity
- 5 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 6 Driving in Mexico
- 7 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 8 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 9 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 10 Driving in CR
- 11 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 12 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 13 unsafe?
- 14 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 15 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 16 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 17 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 18 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 19 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 20 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 21 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 22 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 23 Non tourist beach in December
- 24 Sending things back home.
- 25 Back from Isla Mujeres