We will be in Costa Rica for 2 weeks between the end of January and the beginning of February.
We tried to plan a bit the itinerary and we came to this:
1: First night in San Jose, we will arrive late in the evening.
2: Organized trip to Tortuguero (it is maybe good to have something organized for the first days since we will have some jet-lag problems...).
3: Back to San Jose and flight to Puerto Jimenez (if we do not manage to fly the same evening, we will sleep in San Jose and take a plane the next morning).
4: La Leona ecolodge
5: Walk to Sirena
6: Walk back to La Leona
7 e 8: Rent a car and spend the two days on the coast to Puntarenas.
9: Arrive in Puntarenas, take a ferry to Playa Naranjo,and drive to Samara.
10 e 11: two nights at Villa Baula.
12 e 13: Poas volcano.
14: Back to San Jose, and then back home the next morning at 7.00!
- What do you think about our itinerary? Should we "move" some night somewhere else?
We are wondering if we should spend one more night at Sirena and one less at Poas.
- Corcovado tour: we asked at La Leona ecolodge and they can organize a guide for us for 120 $/day for the walk to Sirena. It is quite a lot... Can maybe someone recommend to us a "private" guide? Would it be cheaper?
- Always for Corcovado: do we really need boots?
- Car rental: What is the best option for a car rental, assuming that we are at La Leona?(Where? Which company?) La Leona suggested us: toyotarent, alamocostarica, solidcarrental.
- 2 days on the coast (7 and 8): some advice? What are the best places to visit? Where to stay?
It should be all for the moment...
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 2 Recommendation for Panama Travel Agent or Good Package Tour
- 3 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 4 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 5 Sayulita in September
- 6 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 9 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 10 Renting Car in Mexico
- 11 Car Rental in Cancun
- 12 Costa Rica
- 13 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 14 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 15 reliable car rental company??
- 16 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 17 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 18 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 19 Planning a trip to Panama
- 20 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 21 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 22 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 23 best air route san diego to san jose
- 24 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 25 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive