We will be traveling in Costa Rica in July. We have an SUV rented. Is it safe to drive from Monteverde to Montezuma? If so, is it better to take the ferry from Puentarenas or drive around the gulf?
If it's not worth the trip to the southern region of the peninsula, what beach do you recommend in the northern region for spending a few days relaxing, but also doing other activities (surfing, snorkeling, etc.).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 2 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 3 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 4 Driving in CR
- 5 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 6 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 7 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 8 unsafe?
- 9 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 10 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 11 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 12 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 13 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 14 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 15 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 16 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 17 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 18 Non tourist beach in December
- 19 Driving in Mexico
- 20 Sending things back home.
- 21 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 22 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 23 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 24 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 25 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
Costa Rica in July: Safe to drive from Monteverde to Montezuma?