I'm going to visit Costa Rica for the month of August - I have the option of doing a homestay in Heredia or Santo Domingo.
What are these towns like in general? Are they safe? Is one better to stay in than the other (Heredia would be a tiny bit more expensive)? Advice on precautions I should take/be aware of?
I'm female; I've traveled a bunch but this is my first time traveling alone so a little nervous, very curious to hear opinions on the locations! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 2 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 3 Guanaster, costa rica
- 4 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 5 Interjet Airline
- 6 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 7 One month surf and yoga
- 8 Returning home
- 9 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 10 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 11 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 12 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 13 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 16 Cancun all inclusive
- 17 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 18 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 19 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 21 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 22 White hair in Valladolid....
- 23 Roatan
- 24 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017