I'm going to visit Costa Rica for the month of August - I have the option of doing a homestay in Heredia or Santo Domingo.
What are these towns like in general? Are they safe? Is one better to stay in than the other (Heredia would be a tiny bit more expensive)? Advice on precautions I should take/be aware of?
I'm female; I've traveled a bunch but this is my first time traveling alone so a little nervous, very curious to hear opinions on the locations! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 2 Solo touring in Panama City
- 3 Mexico City and...?
- 4 Driving in CR
- 5 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 6 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 7 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 8 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 9 Tamarindo Sept
- 10 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 11 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 12 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 13 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 14 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 15 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 16 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 17 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help