I'm 28, female and live in the UK. I have vacation time in May (can't take any June-September due to my line of work) and am considering going to Costa Rica. It's been a lifelong dream to visit Latin America but I've never had the money or the time and it's getting to the stage where I just want to get there! What's put me off up to this point is that I've never considered it 'worthwhile' to go for just a week or two, given the cost of the flights and the flying time. I always wanted to go for 2-3 months. However I've realised that I'm probably never going to have the money to do this, not in the foreseeable future, and I wouldn't want to do it alone. So perhaps it's time to bite the bullet and just GO?
I'm leading towards Costa Rica because it seems to be thought of as one of the safer Latin American countries for female visitors, and I'm interested in seeing the nature there. I was thinking of going in late April or May. Is this a good/bad time to go? I have a good level of Spanish, but it's rusty and I really, really want to meet local people and practise. I was considering doing a week-long language course in San Jose and staying with a host family, but perhaps there are other ways of doing this? I would be looking at going for around 10 days in total, including 2 weekends.
Am I crazy? Or could the idea be a goer?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.usadrugguide.com/true-testo/
- 2 Charles Bowden on The War Next Door
- 3 SANDAG Executive’s Performance Review May Never Happen for some reasons
- 4 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 7 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 8 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 9 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 12 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 14 best air route san diego to san jose
- 15 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 16 reliable car rental company??
- 17 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 18 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 19 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 20 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 21 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 22 Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 24 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 25 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...