I'm in the early planning stages of our next family vacation. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 13) and enjoy the beach, snorkeling, local culture, wildlife and light adventure. I have always felt that Costa Rica would be a perfect fit for us, but the travel time from airport to destinations has been a deterrent. We are spoiled by the ease of travel in Mexico, and keep going back to Playa Del Carmen or Isla Mujures. While we love it there, I think we are ready for a change and something new!
We will be flying into San Jose and can go either April or June for 8-10 days. I am trying to convince my family that we won't constantly be in the car. Any suggestions for places to go that requires the least time on the road? Should we stick to one destination or can we fit in 2? Any help will be appreciated.
Things most important on this trip are: seeing lots of wildlife (sloths and monkeys are my daughter's favorites), spending some time relaxing on a great beach (the kids love to bogie board and swim in ocean), doing activities that are unique to Costa Rica and experiencing the local culture.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Four night is PV
- 4 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 5 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 6 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 7 San Miguel
- 8 Oaxaca in march
- 9 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 10 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 11 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 12 Snorkeling trips
- 13 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 14 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 15 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 16 best new site in costa rica
- 17 Tikal, Guatemala
- 18 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 19 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 21 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 22 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 23 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 24 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
Costa Rica family trip, trying to plan for years, but keep going back to Mexico! Need help.