I'm in the early planning stages of our next family vacation. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 13) and enjoy the beach, snorkeling, local culture, wildlife and light adventure. I have always felt that Costa Rica would be a perfect fit for us, but the travel time from airport to destinations has been a deterrent. We are spoiled by the ease of travel in Mexico, and keep going back to Playa Del Carmen or Isla Mujures. While we love it there, I think we are ready for a change and something new!
We will be flying into San Jose and can go either April or June for 8-10 days. I am trying to convince my family that we won't constantly be in the car. Any suggestions for places to go that requires the least time on the road? Should we stick to one destination or can we fit in 2? Any help will be appreciated.
Things most important on this trip are: seeing lots of wildlife (sloths and monkeys are my daughter's favorites), spending some time relaxing on a great beach (the kids love to bogie board and swim in ocean), doing activities that are unique to Costa Rica and experiencing the local culture.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://guidemesupplements.com/chantel-st-claire-canada/
- 2 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 Where to go for TEFL
- 6 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 7 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 8 Returning home
- 9 White hair in Valladolid....
- 10 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 11 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 12 Uber in Panama
- 13 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 14 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 15 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 16 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 17 4 days in Belize
- 18 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 19 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 20 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 21 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 22 Sayulita in September
- 23 Tulum Ruins
- 24 5 day belize itinerary
- 25 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
Costa Rica family trip, trying to plan for years, but keep going back to Mexico! Need help.