I'm in the early planning stages of our next family vacation. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 13) and enjoy the beach, snorkeling, local culture, wildlife and light adventure. I have always felt that Costa Rica would be a perfect fit for us, but the travel time from airport to destinations has been a deterrent. We are spoiled by the ease of travel in Mexico, and keep going back to Playa Del Carmen or Isla Mujures. While we love it there, I think we are ready for a change and something new!
We will be flying into San Jose and can go either April or June for 8-10 days. I am trying to convince my family that we won't constantly be in the car. Any suggestions for places to go that requires the least time on the road? Should we stick to one destination or can we fit in 2? Any help will be appreciated.
Things most important on this trip are: seeing lots of wildlife (sloths and monkeys are my daughter's favorites), spending some time relaxing on a great beach (the kids love to bogie board and swim in ocean), doing activities that are unique to Costa Rica and experiencing the local culture.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 wellness350.com/o-slim-br/
- 2 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 3 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 4 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 5 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 6 playa del carmen what to do
- 7 Panama Canal Excursions
- 8 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 9 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 10 Giving back to Mexio
- 11 2 months in Central America
- 12 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 13 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 14 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 15 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 16 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 17 Belize planning help
- 18 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 19 Excellent News!
- 20 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 21 Mexico earthquake
- 22 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 23 Cabo
- 24 Best plan - suggestions
- 25 Is it crazy to go in August?
Costa Rica family trip, trying to plan for years, but keep going back to Mexico! Need help.