I'm in the early planning stages of our next family vacation. We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 13) and enjoy the beach, snorkeling, local culture, wildlife and light adventure. I have always felt that Costa Rica would be a perfect fit for us, but the travel time from airport to destinations has been a deterrent. We are spoiled by the ease of travel in Mexico, and keep going back to Playa Del Carmen or Isla Mujures. While we love it there, I think we are ready for a change and something new!
We will be flying into San Jose and can go either April or June for 8-10 days. I am trying to convince my family that we won't constantly be in the car. Any suggestions for places to go that requires the least time on the road? Should we stick to one destination or can we fit in 2? Any help will be appreciated.
Things most important on this trip are: seeing lots of wildlife (sloths and monkeys are my daughter's favorites), spending some time relaxing on a great beach (the kids love to bogie board and swim in ocean), doing activities that are unique to Costa Rica and experiencing the local culture.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 7 day itinerary for Costa Rica
- 2 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 3 A week in San Jose Costa Rica
- 4 Family Christmas Vacation in Mexico
- 5 10 Day Costa Rica
- 6 Cancun to Guatemala
- 7 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 8 Top Mayan Ruins to visit
- 9 San Jose del Cabo-La Playita Beach
- 10 San Miguel trivia
- 11 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Mid September Honeymoon Suggestions Inclusive
- 13 Can a U.S permanent resident driving feom Cancun to Belize City, Belize?
- 14 Family Resort Cancun/Playa
- 15 Need wedding white wine in Costa Rica
- 16 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 17 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 18 puerto vallarta
- 19 California Baja
- 20 Family All inclusive Riviera Maya
- 21 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 24 Costa Rica Honeymoon May 2018
- 25 Mexico City over Christmas
Costa Rica family trip, trying to plan for years, but keep going back to Mexico! Need help.