Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. We flew to San Jose and stayed at the Holiday Inn right in the center of the city. It had good rooms and a fabulous breakfast. Our driver then took us to three small town on the way to Arenal where we enjoyed the luxury of the Mountain Paradise Hotel. It was just plain beautiful. We even saw the volcano free of clouds. Hiking was a challenge in the rain but we learned that October is a very rainy month. Mornings were beautiful but each day we had huge rain in the afternoon. From Arenal our next driver took us to Monteverde where we stayed at the Poco a Poco hotel. Four of us well over age sixty had a laughing good time on the Salvetura zip line, the hanging bridges and later the train ride to see Lake Arenal and to hike. From the cloud forest our driver took us to Manuel Antonio and the Hotel Plaza Yara. What a beautiful property located a short bus ride from the national park. The rooms were elegant, the breakfast well prepared and the staff very helpful. Hiking in the park was easy and we also enjoyed an estuary boat tour where we saw a whole troop of monkeys. Our last night was back at the Holiday Inn before an early morning departure. The quality of all of the hotels and the care of our drivers made this an easy vacation for a great price.
Costa Rica a fabulous vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 2 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 3 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 4 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 5 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 6 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 7 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 8 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 9 Costa Rica
- 10 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 11 Which of these locations?
- 12 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 14 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 15 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 16 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 17 Renting a car in Cancun
- 18 Possible Mexico Trip
- 19 Lost Iguana & Bosque del Cabo in February? Is this a good combo?
- 20 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 21 5 days in Central Mexico; San Miguel and Guanajuato
- 22 MEXIGO TOURS
- 23 San Miguel de Allende Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 Location of this photo
- 25 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware