Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. We flew to San Jose and stayed at the Holiday Inn right in the center of the city. It had good rooms and a fabulous breakfast. Our driver then took us to three small town on the way to Arenal where we enjoyed the luxury of the Mountain Paradise Hotel. It was just plain beautiful. We even saw the volcano free of clouds. Hiking was a challenge in the rain but we learned that October is a very rainy month. Mornings were beautiful but each day we had huge rain in the afternoon. From Arenal our next driver took us to Monteverde where we stayed at the Poco a Poco hotel. Four of us well over age sixty had a laughing good time on the Salvetura zip line, the hanging bridges and later the train ride to see Lake Arenal and to hike. From the cloud forest our driver took us to Manuel Antonio and the Hotel Plaza Yara. What a beautiful property located a short bus ride from the national park. The rooms were elegant, the breakfast well prepared and the staff very helpful. Hiking in the park was easy and we also enjoyed an estuary boat tour where we saw a whole troop of monkeys. Our last night was back at the Holiday Inn before an early morning departure. The quality of all of the hotels and the care of our drivers made this an easy vacation for a great price.
Costa Rica a fabulous vacation.
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 2 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 3 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 4 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 5 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 6 Backpack vs Wheels
- 7 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 8 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 9 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 10 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 13 Help with 5 days touring time
- 14 Costa Rica trip in March
- 15 Safety in Ixtapa
- 16 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 17 Adopt an animal donation?
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.