Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. We flew to San Jose and stayed at the Holiday Inn right in the center of the city. It had good rooms and a fabulous breakfast. Our driver then took us to three small town on the way to Arenal where we enjoyed the luxury of the Mountain Paradise Hotel. It was just plain beautiful. We even saw the volcano free of clouds. Hiking was a challenge in the rain but we learned that October is a very rainy month. Mornings were beautiful but each day we had huge rain in the afternoon. From Arenal our next driver took us to Monteverde where we stayed at the Poco a Poco hotel. Four of us well over age sixty had a laughing good time on the Salvetura zip line, the hanging bridges and later the train ride to see Lake Arenal and to hike. From the cloud forest our driver took us to Manuel Antonio and the Hotel Plaza Yara. What a beautiful property located a short bus ride from the national park. The rooms were elegant, the breakfast well prepared and the staff very helpful. Hiking in the park was easy and we also enjoyed an estuary boat tour where we saw a whole troop of monkeys. Our last night was back at the Holiday Inn before an early morning departure. The quality of all of the hotels and the care of our drivers made this an easy vacation for a great price.
Costa Rica a fabulous vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 2 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 3 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 6 Cancun-discounts.com
- 7 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 10 Apartment Finders
- 11 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 14 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 15 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 16 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old