Pat Hewitt of Costa Rica Travel Exchange planned our great trip to Costa Rica. We flew to San Jose and stayed at the Holiday Inn right in the center of the city. It had good rooms and a fabulous breakfast. Our driver then took us to three small town on the way to Arenal where we enjoyed the luxury of the Mountain Paradise Hotel. It was just plain beautiful. We even saw the volcano free of clouds. Hiking was a challenge in the rain but we learned that October is a very rainy month. Mornings were beautiful but each day we had huge rain in the afternoon. From Arenal our next driver took us to Monteverde where we stayed at the Poco a Poco hotel. Four of us well over age sixty had a laughing good time on the Salvetura zip line, the hanging bridges and later the train ride to see Lake Arenal and to hike. From the cloud forest our driver took us to Manuel Antonio and the Hotel Plaza Yara. What a beautiful property located a short bus ride from the national park. The rooms were elegant, the breakfast well prepared and the staff very helpful. Hiking in the park was easy and we also enjoyed an estuary boat tour where we saw a whole troop of monkeys. Our last night was back at the Holiday Inn before an early morning departure. The quality of all of the hotels and the care of our drivers made this an easy vacation for a great price.
Costa Rica a fabulous vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 car rental companies
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 4 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 5 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 6 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 7 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 8 Costa rica help
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo