I will be visiting Costa Rica with my husband for the first time this November and I will be very grateful if some of you could give me some advises :
14Days/13Nights – end of November
Day 1 – Arrive at San Jose at afternoon. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 2 – Tour to Poas, doka, grecia, sarchi. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 3 – San Jose/Alajuela to La Fortuna (by shuttle). Night in La Fortuna.
Day 4 – Activities in Arenal. Night in La Fortuna.
Day 5 – La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio (by shuttle). Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 6 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 7 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 8 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 9 – Manuel to Drake Bay (shuttle + boat). Night in Drake Bay
Day 10 – Corcovado National Park Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 11 – Cano Island Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 12 - Day at leisure in Drake Bay. Night in Drake Bay
Day 13 – Drake Bay to San Jose (domestic flight). Night in San Jose
Day 14 – San Jose to Miami (international flight) *End of the trip*
1) If I stay in Alajuela it will be possible to go on a tour to Poas without pass thought San Jose? I have read that this tour have pick-up first in Alajuela and then in San Jose.
2) This itinerary includes 3 nights in Manuel Antonio to visit the park and to spend some time in the beach (we search for calm waters). Do you advise another Riviera/beach that we can include in the itinerary?
3) Do you think taking a flight on the 14th day at 8 a.m. from Drake Bay to San Jose having a connection flight to Miami at 2 p.m on the same day is too risky? Should I stay on the previously night in San José? If I have to stay one night in San Jose what do you recommend to do/visit once we arrive in San Jose at 9 a.m.
4) At least, if I consider to spend one night less in Drake Bay ( where do you advise me to spend this extra night?
I will be waiting for your help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 2 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 3 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 4 Renting Car in Mexico
- 5 Car Rental in Cancun
- 6 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Costa Rica
- 8 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 9 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 10 reliable car rental company??
- 11 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 12 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 13 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 14 Planning a trip to Panama
- 15 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 16 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 17 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 18 best air route san diego to san jose
- 19 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 20 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 21 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 22 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 23 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 24 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 25 Puerto Vallarta