I will be visiting Costa Rica with my husband for the first time this November and I will be very grateful if some of you could give me some advises :
14Days/13Nights – end of November
Day 1 – Arrive at San Jose at afternoon. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 2 – Tour to Poas, doka, grecia, sarchi. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 3 – San Jose/Alajuela to La Fortuna (by shuttle). Night in La Fortuna.
Day 4 – Activities in Arenal. Night in La Fortuna.
Day 5 – La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio (by shuttle). Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 6 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 7 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 8 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 9 – Manuel to Drake Bay (shuttle + boat). Night in Drake Bay
Day 10 – Corcovado National Park Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 11 – Cano Island Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 12 - Day at leisure in Drake Bay. Night in Drake Bay
Day 13 – Drake Bay to San Jose (domestic flight). Night in San Jose
Day 14 – San Jose to Miami (international flight) *End of the trip*
1) If I stay in Alajuela it will be possible to go on a tour to Poas without pass thought San Jose? I have read that this tour have pick-up first in Alajuela and then in San Jose.
2) This itinerary includes 3 nights in Manuel Antonio to visit the park and to spend some time in the beach (we search for calm waters). Do you advise another Riviera/beach that we can include in the itinerary?
3) Do you think taking a flight on the 14th day at 8 a.m. from Drake Bay to San Jose having a connection flight to Miami at 2 p.m on the same day is too risky? Should I stay on the previously night in San José? If I have to stay one night in San Jose what do you recommend to do/visit once we arrive in San Jose at 9 a.m.
4) At least, if I consider to spend one night less in Drake Bay ( where do you advise me to spend this extra night?
I will be waiting for your help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/apex-plump/
- 2 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 3 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 4 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 5 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 6 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 7 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 8 Non tourist beach in December
- 9 unsafe?
- 10 Driving in Mexico
- 11 Sending things back home.
- 12 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 13 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 14 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 15 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 16 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 17 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 18 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 20 White hair in Valladolid....
- 21 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 22 unsafer?
- 23 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 24 Budget Belize
- 25 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize