I will be visiting Costa Rica with my husband for the first time this November and I will be very grateful if some of you could give me some advises :
14Days/13Nights – end of November
Day 1 – Arrive at San Jose at afternoon. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 2 – Tour to Poas, doka, grecia, sarchi. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 3 – San Jose/Alajuela to La Fortuna (by shuttle). Night in La Fortuna.
Day 4 – Activities in Arenal. Night in La Fortuna.
Day 5 – La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio (by shuttle). Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 6 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 7 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 8 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 9 – Manuel to Drake Bay (shuttle + boat). Night in Drake Bay
Day 10 – Corcovado National Park Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 11 – Cano Island Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 12 - Day at leisure in Drake Bay. Night in Drake Bay
Day 13 – Drake Bay to San Jose (domestic flight). Night in San Jose
Day 14 – San Jose to Miami (international flight) *End of the trip*
1) If I stay in Alajuela it will be possible to go on a tour to Poas without pass thought San Jose? I have read that this tour have pick-up first in Alajuela and then in San Jose.
2) This itinerary includes 3 nights in Manuel Antonio to visit the park and to spend some time in the beach (we search for calm waters). Do you advise another Riviera/beach that we can include in the itinerary?
3) Do you think taking a flight on the 14th day at 8 a.m. from Drake Bay to San Jose having a connection flight to Miami at 2 p.m on the same day is too risky? Should I stay on the previously night in San José? If I have to stay one night in San Jose what do you recommend to do/visit once we arrive in San Jose at 9 a.m.
4) At least, if I consider to spend one night less in Drake Bay ( where do you advise me to spend this extra night?
I will be waiting for your help and suggestions!
Costa Rica - 24th November to 7th December
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure