I will be visiting Costa Rica with my husband for the first time this November and I will be very grateful if some of you could give me some advises :
14Days/13Nights – end of November
Day 1 – Arrive at San Jose at afternoon. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 2 – Tour to Poas, doka, grecia, sarchi. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 3 – San Jose/Alajuela to La Fortuna (by shuttle). Night in La Fortuna.
Day 4 – Activities in Arenal. Night in La Fortuna.
Day 5 – La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio (by shuttle). Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 6 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 7 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 8 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 9 – Manuel to Drake Bay (shuttle + boat). Night in Drake Bay
Day 10 – Corcovado National Park Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 11 – Cano Island Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 12 - Day at leisure in Drake Bay. Night in Drake Bay
Day 13 – Drake Bay to San Jose (domestic flight). Night in San Jose
Day 14 – San Jose to Miami (international flight) *End of the trip*
1) If I stay in Alajuela it will be possible to go on a tour to Poas without pass thought San Jose? I have read that this tour have pick-up first in Alajuela and then in San Jose.
2) This itinerary includes 3 nights in Manuel Antonio to visit the park and to spend some time in the beach (we search for calm waters). Do you advise another Riviera/beach that we can include in the itinerary?
3) Do you think taking a flight on the 14th day at 8 a.m. from Drake Bay to San Jose having a connection flight to Miami at 2 p.m on the same day is too risky? Should I stay on the previously night in San José? If I have to stay one night in San Jose what do you recommend to do/visit once we arrive in San Jose at 9 a.m.
4) At least, if I consider to spend one night less in Drake Bay ( where do you advise me to spend this extra night?
I will be waiting for your help and suggestions!
Costa Rica - 24th November to 7th December
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 2 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 3 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 4 Belize in June?
- 5 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 6 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 7 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 8 Mexico City
- 9 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 10 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 11 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 12 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 13 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 14 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 15 Monteverde Accomodations
- 16 Oaxaca in November
- 17 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 18 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 19 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 20 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 21 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 22 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica
- 23 Dominical Costa Rica
- 24 some suggestions on Nica itinerary? and some guidance on bus schedules?
- 25 Anyone use Economy Car Rental in Costa Rica?