I will be visiting Costa Rica with my husband for the first time this November and I will be very grateful if some of you could give me some advises :
14Days/13Nights – end of November
Day 1 – Arrive at San Jose at afternoon. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 2 – Tour to Poas, doka, grecia, sarchi. Night in San Jose or Alajuela.
Day 3 – San Jose/Alajuela to La Fortuna (by shuttle). Night in La Fortuna.
Day 4 – Activities in Arenal. Night in La Fortuna.
Day 5 – La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio (by shuttle). Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 6 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 7 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 8 – Day at leisure in Manuel Antonio. Night in Manuel Antonio
Day 9 – Manuel to Drake Bay (shuttle + boat). Night in Drake Bay
Day 10 – Corcovado National Park Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 11 – Cano Island Tour. Night in Drake Bay
Day 12 - Day at leisure in Drake Bay. Night in Drake Bay
Day 13 – Drake Bay to San Jose (domestic flight). Night in San Jose
Day 14 – San Jose to Miami (international flight) *End of the trip*
1) If I stay in Alajuela it will be possible to go on a tour to Poas without pass thought San Jose? I have read that this tour have pick-up first in Alajuela and then in San Jose.
2) This itinerary includes 3 nights in Manuel Antonio to visit the park and to spend some time in the beach (we search for calm waters). Do you advise another Riviera/beach that we can include in the itinerary?
3) Do you think taking a flight on the 14th day at 8 a.m. from Drake Bay to San Jose having a connection flight to Miami at 2 p.m on the same day is too risky? Should I stay on the previously night in San José? If I have to stay one night in San Jose what do you recommend to do/visit once we arrive in San Jose at 9 a.m.
4) At least, if I consider to spend one night less in Drake Bay ( where do you advise me to spend this extra night?
I will be waiting for your help and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 2 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 3 girls getaway
- 4 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 5 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 6 Guanajuato
- 7 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 8 First time CR intinerary help
- 9 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 10 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 11 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 12 Cancun All inclusive
- 13 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 14 Cancun and cuba
- 15 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 16 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 17 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 18 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 19 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 20 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 21 Archaeological tours
- 22 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 23 ISO nice Merida colonial hotel for anniv.
- 24 Casa Corcovado / Osa Peninsula
- 25 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights