I would like advice on which beach resort, but more specifically, within each beach resort, to stay at for a trip between Christmas and New Years Eve for me and my husband (mid 30's) in Baja California.
We are looking for a 3.5 - 4 star experience, but more important is location. We'd like a hotel for relaxing on a beautiful beach and a pool, but want it to be centrally located in a town. We like to leave the resort on foot to take a walk for meals and a drink after dinner. Cheesy tourist shops aren't ideal, but they aren't a deal breaker. "Secluded" is NOT a word we want to hear, but we don't want to be over a nightclub, either!
Waikiki Beach is a perfect place for us - beach and establishments, as an example.
I'm not particular about which destination - Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or ?? but rather *what neighborhoods/areas* should I be looking at WITHIN these destinations? Thank you!!
Robin in San Francisco, CA USA
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 2 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 3 Non tourist beach in December
- 4 unsafe?
- 5 Driving in Mexico
- 6 Sending things back home.
- 7 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 8 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 9 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 11 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 12 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 13 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 14 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 16 White hair in Valladolid....
- 17 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 18 unsafer?
- 19 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 20 Budget Belize
- 21 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 22 Costa Rica for business
- 23 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 24 Mexico City safety
- 25 My Topic TitleHow to get to Chiquila from Cancún
Choosing a beach resort for Christmas Week in Baja California?