I would like advice on which beach resort, but more specifically, within each beach resort, to stay at for a trip between Christmas and New Years Eve for me and my husband (mid 30's) in Baja California.
We are looking for a 3.5 - 4 star experience, but more important is location. We'd like a hotel for relaxing on a beautiful beach and a pool, but want it to be centrally located in a town. We like to leave the resort on foot to take a walk for meals and a drink after dinner. Cheesy tourist shops aren't ideal, but they aren't a deal breaker. "Secluded" is NOT a word we want to hear, but we don't want to be over a nightclub, either!
Waikiki Beach is a perfect place for us - beach and establishments, as an example.
I'm not particular about which destination - Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or ?? but rather *what neighborhoods/areas* should I be looking at WITHIN these destinations? Thank you!!
Robin in San Francisco, CA USA
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 2 Savegre Hotel
- 3 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 4 Camera & Accessories
- 5 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 6 Wildlife in Belize
- 7 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 8 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 9 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 10 Costa Rica
- 11 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 12 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 13 Westjet flights to Merida
- 14 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 15 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 16 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 17 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 18 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 19 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 20 Belize - Where to Go?
- 21 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 22 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 23 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 24 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 25 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
Choosing a beach resort for Christmas Week in Baja California?