I would like advice on which beach resort, but more specifically, within each beach resort, to stay at for a trip between Christmas and New Years Eve for me and my husband (mid 30's) in Baja California.
We are looking for a 3.5 - 4 star experience, but more important is location. We'd like a hotel for relaxing on a beautiful beach and a pool, but want it to be centrally located in a town. We like to leave the resort on foot to take a walk for meals and a drink after dinner. Cheesy tourist shops aren't ideal, but they aren't a deal breaker. "Secluded" is NOT a word we want to hear, but we don't want to be over a nightclub, either!
Waikiki Beach is a perfect place for us - beach and establishments, as an example.
I'm not particular about which destination - Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or ?? but rather *what neighborhoods/areas* should I be looking at WITHIN these destinations? Thank you!!
Robin in San Francisco, CA USA
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 2 driving down through mexico
- 3 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 4 Things to do in Cabo
- 5 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 6 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 7 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 9 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 12 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 15 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 16 unsafe?
- 17 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 20 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 21 Driving in Costa Rica
- 22 Playa Mujeres
- 23 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 24 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
Choosing a beach resort for Christmas Week in Baja California?