I would like advice on which beach resort, but more specifically, within each beach resort, to stay at for a trip between Christmas and New Years Eve for me and my husband (mid 30's) in Baja California.
We are looking for a 3.5 - 4 star experience, but more important is location. We'd like a hotel for relaxing on a beautiful beach and a pool, but want it to be centrally located in a town. We like to leave the resort on foot to take a walk for meals and a drink after dinner. Cheesy tourist shops aren't ideal, but they aren't a deal breaker. "Secluded" is NOT a word we want to hear, but we don't want to be over a nightclub, either!
Waikiki Beach is a perfect place for us - beach and establishments, as an example.
I'm not particular about which destination - Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or ?? but rather *what neighborhoods/areas* should I be looking at WITHIN these destinations? Thank you!!
Robin in San Francisco, CA USA
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 2 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 3 Hotel options in Manuel Antonio
- 4 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 5 When to go & what to bring to Costa Rica
- 6 Report on Morelia & Patzcuaro, I am so in Love
- 7 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 8 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 9 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 10 Help plan my 6 days in Costa Rica
- 11 Mirado El Torre Resturant San Isidro De El General CR, BEWARE!
- 12 Guanacaste & Puntarenas
- 13 Finally made it!
- 14 First Vacation!
- 15 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 16 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 17 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 18 Itinerary help
- 19 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 20 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 21 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 22 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 23 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 24 Activities in Costa Rica
- 25 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
Choosing a beach resort for Christmas Week in Baja California?