I'm helping my brother try to find a cheap RT airfare from Columbus OH to El Salvador in May. Other possible cities for departure might be Chicago, NY or Pittsburgh as they're not too far or expensive by air, or any Ohio city. From perusing travel boards and the internet, it appears discount tickets to El Salvador are not easy to come by (prob. because it's not a real tourist hotspot). I have found two online travel agencies that appear to have very good prices on tickets to there, better than regular airfares found thru search tools like Travelocity, and wondered if anyone had every heard of these agencies and had comments on their quality or reputation: one is Travel Discounts in Carmel, CA (www.traveldiscounts.com) and the other is Traveland (www.traveland.com) in Los Angeles, I think. Both have very good fares to El Salvador--TravelDiscounts quotes a RT ticket out of Columbus on Delta or Continental for only about $425 RT (prob +taxes) and Traveland quotes only $258 (+tax) RT out of JFK, which is amazing. Some other good fares appear to be from Council Travel--if anyone has any specific comments on them regarding their internatl air tickets for adults, not students, I'd appreciate it. I've read a few negative comments on them in general re their customer service on various BBs or too high freight for buying travel gear, but if they can deliver tickets at the price they claim, they are a good deal and we can deal with it. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Regular RT air is about $900 from Columbus to San Salvador in May, looking for something about half that, hopefully. Travel dates are flexible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap Airfare to El Salvador/Cen Am?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 booking rooms for spring break
- 2 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 Costa Rica questions
- 5 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 6 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 7 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 8 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 9 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 10 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 11 Guatemala customs question
- 12 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 13 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 14 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 15 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 16 Mextrotter
- 17 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 20 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 21 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 22 costa rica
- 23 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 24 Car rental Cancun
- 25 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….