I'm helping my brother try to find a cheap RT airfare from Columbus OH to El Salvador in May. Other possible cities for departure might be Chicago, NY or Pittsburgh as they're not too far or expensive by air, or any Ohio city. From perusing travel boards and the internet, it appears discount tickets to El Salvador are not easy to come by (prob. because it's not a real tourist hotspot). I have found two online travel agencies that appear to have very good prices on tickets to there, better than regular airfares found thru search tools like Travelocity, and wondered if anyone had every heard of these agencies and had comments on their quality or reputation: one is Travel Discounts in Carmel, CA (www.traveldiscounts.com) and the other is Traveland (www.traveland.com) in Los Angeles, I think. Both have very good fares to El Salvador--TravelDiscounts quotes a RT ticket out of Columbus on Delta or Continental for only about $425 RT (prob +taxes) and Traveland quotes only $258 (+tax) RT out of JFK, which is amazing. Some other good fares appear to be from Council Travel--if anyone has any specific comments on them regarding their internatl air tickets for adults, not students, I'd appreciate it. I've read a few negative comments on them in general re their customer service on various BBs or too high freight for buying travel gear, but if they can deliver tickets at the price they claim, they are a good deal and we can deal with it. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Regular RT air is about $900 from Columbus to San Salvador in May, looking for something about half that, hopefully. Travel dates are flexible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap Airfare to El Salvador/Cen Am?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 3 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 4 Car rental in Cancun
- 5 Adopt an animal donation?
- 6 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 7 San Miguel De Allende
- 8 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 9 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 10 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints