I'm helping my brother try to find a cheap RT airfare from Columbus OH to El Salvador in May. Other possible cities for departure might be Chicago, NY or Pittsburgh as they're not too far or expensive by air, or any Ohio city. From perusing travel boards and the internet, it appears discount tickets to El Salvador are not easy to come by (prob. because it's not a real tourist hotspot). I have found two online travel agencies that appear to have very good prices on tickets to there, better than regular airfares found thru search tools like Travelocity, and wondered if anyone had every heard of these agencies and had comments on their quality or reputation: one is Travel Discounts in Carmel, CA (www.traveldiscounts.com) and the other is Traveland (www.traveland.com) in Los Angeles, I think. Both have very good fares to El Salvador--TravelDiscounts quotes a RT ticket out of Columbus on Delta or Continental for only about $425 RT (prob +taxes) and Traveland quotes only $258 (+tax) RT out of JFK, which is amazing. Some other good fares appear to be from Council Travel--if anyone has any specific comments on them regarding their internatl air tickets for adults, not students, I'd appreciate it. I've read a few negative comments on them in general re their customer service on various BBs or too high freight for buying travel gear, but if they can deliver tickets at the price they claim, they are a good deal and we can deal with it. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Regular RT air is about $900 from Columbus to San Salvador in May, looking for something about half that, hopefully. Travel dates are flexible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap Airfare to El Salvador/Cen Am?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 First Timer to Mexico - Itinerary help please
- 2 Food poisoning?
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 6 The product is really effective in reducing
- 7 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 8 Mexico City
- 9 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 11 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 12 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 13 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 14 Central America travel over New Year's
- 15 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 16 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 17 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 18 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 19 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 20 Costa Rica help
- 21 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 22 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 23 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 24 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 25 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price