I'm helping my brother try to find a cheap RT airfare from Columbus OH to El Salvador in May. Other possible cities for departure might be Chicago, NY or Pittsburgh as they're not too far or expensive by air, or any Ohio city. From perusing travel boards and the internet, it appears discount tickets to El Salvador are not easy to come by (prob. because it's not a real tourist hotspot). I have found two online travel agencies that appear to have very good prices on tickets to there, better than regular airfares found thru search tools like Travelocity, and wondered if anyone had every heard of these agencies and had comments on their quality or reputation: one is Travel Discounts in Carmel, CA (www.traveldiscounts.com) and the other is Traveland (www.traveland.com) in Los Angeles, I think. Both have very good fares to El Salvador--TravelDiscounts quotes a RT ticket out of Columbus on Delta or Continental for only about $425 RT (prob +taxes) and Traveland quotes only $258 (+tax) RT out of JFK, which is amazing. Some other good fares appear to be from Council Travel--if anyone has any specific comments on them regarding their internatl air tickets for adults, not students, I'd appreciate it. I've read a few negative comments on them in general re their customer service on various BBs or too high freight for buying travel gear, but if they can deliver tickets at the price they claim, they are a good deal and we can deal with it. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Regular RT air is about $900 from Columbus to San Salvador in May, looking for something about half that, hopefully. Travel dates are flexible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap Airfare to El Salvador/Cen Am?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 2 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 3 Cancun-discounts.com
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 7 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 8 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 9 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Apartment Finders
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 15 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 16 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 17 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 18 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 19 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 20 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 21 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 22 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 23 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 24 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old