I'm helping my brother try to find a cheap RT airfare from Columbus OH to El Salvador in May. Other possible cities for departure might be Chicago, NY or Pittsburgh as they're not too far or expensive by air, or any Ohio city. From perusing travel boards and the internet, it appears discount tickets to El Salvador are not easy to come by (prob. because it's not a real tourist hotspot). I have found two online travel agencies that appear to have very good prices on tickets to there, better than regular airfares found thru search tools like Travelocity, and wondered if anyone had every heard of these agencies and had comments on their quality or reputation: one is Travel Discounts in Carmel, CA (www.traveldiscounts.com) and the other is Traveland (www.traveland.com) in Los Angeles, I think. Both have very good fares to El Salvador--TravelDiscounts quotes a RT ticket out of Columbus on Delta or Continental for only about $425 RT (prob +taxes) and Traveland quotes only $258 (+tax) RT out of JFK, which is amazing. Some other good fares appear to be from Council Travel--if anyone has any specific comments on them regarding their internatl air tickets for adults, not students, I'd appreciate it. I've read a few negative comments on them in general re their customer service on various BBs or too high freight for buying travel gear, but if they can deliver tickets at the price they claim, they are a good deal and we can deal with it. Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Regular RT air is about $900 from Columbus to San Salvador in May, looking for something about half that, hopefully. Travel dates are flexible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap Airfare to El Salvador/Cen Am?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?