I was to take a shuttle from San Marcos on Lago Atitlan to Lanquin, Guatemala. I got there and was told to take a tu tuk to the nearbye town . I did so. At that town, a man in a shuttle that said Casa Verde told me i missed the shuttle and would have to pay 100 quetzales to have him drive me to the shuttle and catch up. When i said no, he tried grabbing for my ticket. I got into another tu tuk, and had him drive me around. The driver told me that CASA VERDE pays their drivers only Q5 per tourist and that tourists are ripped off often. We never found the shuttle. I went back to the company explained what happened and they tried telling me i arrived late, which i didnt. They wouldnt allow me to get on a shuttle for tomorrow and wouldnt give me my money back. They also told me if i wanted to pay another 50% of the ticket price that they would be able to help me out. I felt i was taken advantage of and lost my 50 dollars!
CASA VERDE TOURS IS AWFUL
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 4 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 5 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 8 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 9 Costa Rica and Panama by Gate1Travel
- 10 Somewhere hot!
- 11 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 12 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 13 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Cancun-discounts.com
- 16 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 17 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 18 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 19 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old