I was to take a shuttle from San Marcos on Lago Atitlan to Lanquin, Guatemala. I got there and was told to take a tu tuk to the nearbye town . I did so. At that town, a man in a shuttle that said Casa Verde told me i missed the shuttle and would have to pay 100 quetzales to have him drive me to the shuttle and catch up. When i said no, he tried grabbing for my ticket. I got into another tu tuk, and had him drive me around. The driver told me that CASA VERDE pays their drivers only Q5 per tourist and that tourists are ripped off often. We never found the shuttle. I went back to the company explained what happened and they tried telling me i arrived late, which i didnt. They wouldnt allow me to get on a shuttle for tomorrow and wouldnt give me my money back. They also told me if i wanted to pay another 50% of the ticket price that they would be able to help me out. I felt i was taken advantage of and lost my 50 dollars!
CASA VERDE TOURS IS AWFUL
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Adopt an animal donation?
- 2 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 3 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 4 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 5 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 6 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 7 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 8 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 9 Backpack vs Wheels
- 10 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 11 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 12 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 13 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 14 Help with 5 days touring time
- 15 Costa Rica trip in March
- 16 Safety in Ixtapa
- 17 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.