I am planning a 7 day trip to cancun around Christmas time 20-27, (I know I am already late ). We have never been to mexico before and was hoping you can help me with some questions.
I am planning on not renting a car, and NOT going to do AI for the hotel ( we are vegetarians, and i am not sure if going AI is worth it for us), with that in mind, which part of the hotel zone would be ideal and any recommendations? ( i am hoping to be in the 150-200$ range for the hotel).
Also, how is easy it to get around in cancun without a car? for shopping, eating out and stuff.
We are planning to do 2-3 day trips to the ruins, can we just go there and book a day trip and should we make reservations upfront?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Costa Rica
- 5 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 6 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 7 reliable car rental company??
- 8 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 9 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 10 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 14 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 15 best air route san diego to san jose
- 16 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 17 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 18 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 19 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 20 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 21 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 22 Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 24 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 25 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...