I am planning a 7 day trip to cancun around Christmas time 20-27, (I know I am already late ). We have never been to mexico before and was hoping you can help me with some questions.
I am planning on not renting a car, and NOT going to do AI for the hotel ( we are vegetarians, and i am not sure if going AI is worth it for us), with that in mind, which part of the hotel zone would be ideal and any recommendations? ( i am hoping to be in the 150-200$ range for the hotel).
Also, how is easy it to get around in cancun without a car? for shopping, eating out and stuff.
We are planning to do 2-3 day trips to the ruins, can we just go there and book a day trip and should we make reservations upfront?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 online brand reputation management
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 4 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 5 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 6 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 7 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 8 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 9 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 10 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 11 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 12 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 13 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 14 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 15 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 16 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 17 Fonda Vela
- 18 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 19 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 20 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 21 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 22 Driver needed for Panama City
- 23 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 24 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 25 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016