My fiancee and I are getting married in Mexico in late July, at a villa in Puerto Morelos. We're going down about a week ahead of the rest of the gang, and we're hoping to get to Palenque in a rental car. I'm looking for any suggestions about the quickest/best route with only one overnight stay between Cancun Airport and Palenque, and only one overnight on the way back. We land in Cancun at 2:30 PM, so this is a factor, as we won't want to drive all night.
Estimates of driving time would also be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico in March - questions
- 2 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 3 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 4 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 5 Merida in March
- 6 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 10 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 11 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 12 travel in Yucatan
- 13 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 14 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 15 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 16 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 17 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 20 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 21 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 22 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 23 Another Yucatan trip report
- 24 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 25 Cabo San Lucas weather in November