My fiancee and I are getting married in Mexico in late July, at a villa in Puerto Morelos. We're going down about a week ahead of the rest of the gang, and we're hoping to get to Palenque in a rental car. I'm looking for any suggestions about the quickest/best route with only one overnight stay between Cancun Airport and Palenque, and only one overnight on the way back. We land in Cancun at 2:30 PM, so this is a factor, as we won't want to drive all night.
Estimates of driving time would also be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 4 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 5 Renting Car in Mexico
- 6 Car Rental in Cancun
- 7 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Costa Rica
- 9 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 10 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 11 reliable car rental company??
- 12 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 13 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 14 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 15 Planning a trip to Panama
- 16 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 17 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 18 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 19 best air route san diego to san jose
- 20 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 21 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 22 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 23 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 24 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 25 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam