My fiancee and I are getting married in Mexico in late July, at a villa in Puerto Morelos. We're going down about a week ahead of the rest of the gang, and we're hoping to get to Palenque in a rental car. I'm looking for any suggestions about the quickest/best route with only one overnight stay between Cancun Airport and Palenque, and only one overnight on the way back. We land in Cancun at 2:30 PM, so this is a factor, as we won't want to drive all night.
Estimates of driving time would also be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 2 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 3 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 help from a Panamanian
- 6 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 7 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 8 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 9 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 10 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 11 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 12 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 13 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 14 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 15 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 16 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 17 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 18 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 19 Music Video
- 20 July Adventure
- 21 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 22 Guatemala trip in August?
- 23 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 24 Driving Central America
- 25 Nicaragua -- connection