Hi - I have always wanted to visit Costa Rica and really hoping to make it happen next summer. This will be a family trip for daughter's high school graduation, so it will be my husband and I, 18 yr old daughter, 15 year old son, for about 8 days in early June. Everybody is athletic and adventurous. I want to do a wilderness lodge and BdC looks amazing - and all the comments on this board lead me to believe it's even better in person. So that's half the trip for sure. Here's my dilemma: the kids (and parents to be honest) also really want to learn to surf and spend some time on the beach while in CR. It looks like there are some very cool surf camps in Tamarindo - Witch's Rock looked perfect - but it also looks like it will take quite a bit of time and money to get from SJ to BcD to SJ to Tamarindo to SJ. In reading the BcD site, they appear to have relationships with a couple of surfing schools - Pollo and Tres Peces? They also talk about some fabulous beaches you can hike to. Soooo, is it worth it to break the trip in half and make our way to Tamarindo and experience a different part of CR? Or should we just spend the week at BcD and take advantage of all the activities we can do from there? In looking at a map, it looks like it would be a really cool drive from Puerto Jimenz to Tamarindo, so I had initially thought about renting a car and making a day of driving, but after researching more, it sounds like that might be getting in a little over our heads, and that flying is our best option. Thanks for your help and ANY other thoughts or suggestions!
Bosque del Cabo plus surfing...?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun-discounts.com
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July