Hi - I have always wanted to visit Costa Rica and really hoping to make it happen next summer. This will be a family trip for daughter's high school graduation, so it will be my husband and I, 18 yr old daughter, 15 year old son, for about 8 days in early June. Everybody is athletic and adventurous. I want to do a wilderness lodge and BdC looks amazing - and all the comments on this board lead me to believe it's even better in person. So that's half the trip for sure. Here's my dilemma: the kids (and parents to be honest) also really want to learn to surf and spend some time on the beach while in CR. It looks like there are some very cool surf camps in Tamarindo - Witch's Rock looked perfect - but it also looks like it will take quite a bit of time and money to get from SJ to BcD to SJ to Tamarindo to SJ. In reading the BcD site, they appear to have relationships with a couple of surfing schools - Pollo and Tres Peces? They also talk about some fabulous beaches you can hike to. Soooo, is it worth it to break the trip in half and make our way to Tamarindo and experience a different part of CR? Or should we just spend the week at BcD and take advantage of all the activities we can do from there? In looking at a map, it looks like it would be a really cool drive from Puerto Jimenz to Tamarindo, so I had initially thought about renting a car and making a day of driving, but after researching more, it sounds like that might be getting in a little over our heads, and that flying is our best option. Thanks for your help and ANY other thoughts or suggestions!
Bosque del Cabo plus surfing...?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Rainy season
- 3 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 4 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 5 Costa Rica questions
- 6 booking rooms for spring break
- 7 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 8 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 9 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 10 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 11 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 12 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 13 Guatemala customs question
- 14 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 15 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 16 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 17 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 18 Mextrotter
- 19 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 20 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 21 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 22 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 23 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 24 costa rica
- 25 Costa Rica during Easter week?