Hi - I have always wanted to visit Costa Rica and really hoping to make it happen next summer. This will be a family trip for daughter's high school graduation, so it will be my husband and I, 18 yr old daughter, 15 year old son, for about 8 days in early June. Everybody is athletic and adventurous. I want to do a wilderness lodge and BdC looks amazing - and all the comments on this board lead me to believe it's even better in person. So that's half the trip for sure. Here's my dilemma: the kids (and parents to be honest) also really want to learn to surf and spend some time on the beach while in CR. It looks like there are some very cool surf camps in Tamarindo - Witch's Rock looked perfect - but it also looks like it will take quite a bit of time and money to get from SJ to BcD to SJ to Tamarindo to SJ. In reading the BcD site, they appear to have relationships with a couple of surfing schools - Pollo and Tres Peces? They also talk about some fabulous beaches you can hike to. Soooo, is it worth it to break the trip in half and make our way to Tamarindo and experience a different part of CR? Or should we just spend the week at BcD and take advantage of all the activities we can do from there? In looking at a map, it looks like it would be a really cool drive from Puerto Jimenz to Tamarindo, so I had initially thought about renting a car and making a day of driving, but after researching more, it sounds like that might be getting in a little over our heads, and that flying is our best option. Thanks for your help and ANY other thoughts or suggestions!
Bosque del Cabo plus surfing...?
- 1 Riviera Maya Weather in June
- 2 Mayan Palace Hotel
- 3 Tamarindo hotel? Best for group of guys.
- 4 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 5 Where to go in Costa Rica for adventure?
- 6 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 7 Authentic cuban cigars in COsta Rica??
- 8 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 9 Oasis Cancun or Costa Real??
- 10 Oasis Cancun
- 11 Driving
- 12 Driving around costa ica
- 13 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 14 Nice, child-friendly timeshare in Cancun/Playa del Carmen
- 15 Campeche anyone?
- 16 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 17 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 18 Belize in August with teens
- 19 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 20 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 22 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 23 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 24 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 25 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???