Hi - I have always wanted to visit Costa Rica and really hoping to make it happen next summer. This will be a family trip for daughter's high school graduation, so it will be my husband and I, 18 yr old daughter, 15 year old son, for about 8 days in early June. Everybody is athletic and adventurous. I want to do a wilderness lodge and BdC looks amazing - and all the comments on this board lead me to believe it's even better in person. So that's half the trip for sure. Here's my dilemma: the kids (and parents to be honest) also really want to learn to surf and spend some time on the beach while in CR. It looks like there are some very cool surf camps in Tamarindo - Witch's Rock looked perfect - but it also looks like it will take quite a bit of time and money to get from SJ to BcD to SJ to Tamarindo to SJ. In reading the BcD site, they appear to have relationships with a couple of surfing schools - Pollo and Tres Peces? They also talk about some fabulous beaches you can hike to. Soooo, is it worth it to break the trip in half and make our way to Tamarindo and experience a different part of CR? Or should we just spend the week at BcD and take advantage of all the activities we can do from there? In looking at a map, it looks like it would be a really cool drive from Puerto Jimenz to Tamarindo, so I had initially thought about renting a car and making a day of driving, but after researching more, it sounds like that might be getting in a little over our heads, and that flying is our best option. Thanks for your help and ANY other thoughts or suggestions!
Bosque del Cabo plus surfing...?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 4 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 5 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 6 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 7 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 8 Costa rica help
- 9 car rental companies
- 10 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 11 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 12 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 13 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 14 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 15 cozumel tennis
- 16 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 17 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 19 Baja California
- 20 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 21 Mexico region question
- 22 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 23 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 24 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 25 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara