I plan to enter panama overland, starting from San Jose . Though, I read some strange bureaucratic procedures at he border, with obligation to present an onward / return ticket for leaving Panama on a certain future date / way.
Anybody knows the current situation with that, if it is strictly enforced?
This could be a bus ticket, or obligatory to be flight ?
And anyway, normally best would be to be free to decide later, while in Panama, about the exact date and form of transport back to CR.
Possible to go around it?
Somewhere was mentioned, to have printed a ticket and cancelled it later, but generally seems a big trouble after all, maybe putting travelers off that destination..
Any ideas guys?
Many thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cowboys vs. 49ers
- 2 live from PV !
- 3 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 6 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 7 Mexico
- 8 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Another Yucatan trip report
- 11 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 12 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 13 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 14 2017 SMA Trip
- 15 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 16 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 17 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 18 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 19 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 20 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 21 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 22 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 23 Bocas ??
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 25 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca