I plan to enter panama overland, starting from San Jose . Though, I read some strange bureaucratic procedures at he border, with obligation to present an onward / return ticket for leaving Panama on a certain future date / way.
Anybody knows the current situation with that, if it is strictly enforced?
This could be a bus ticket, or obligatory to be flight ?
And anyway, normally best would be to be free to decide later, while in Panama, about the exact date and form of transport back to CR.
Possible to go around it?
Somewhere was mentioned, to have printed a ticket and cancelled it later, but generally seems a big trouble after all, maybe putting travelers off that destination..
Any ideas guys?
Many thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 2 Where to Spend 10 Days in June/July! Central v. South America
- 3 Rain in Rivera Maya How bad is the weather in June.
- 4 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 5 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 6 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 7 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 8 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 9 help from a Panamanian
- 10 What to do in Costa Rica when it rains?
- 11 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 12 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 13 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 14 Costa Rica car rental insurance nightmare
- 15 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 16 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 17 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 18 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 19 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 20 Music Video
- 21 July Adventure
- 22 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 23 Guatemala trip in August?
- 24 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 25 Driving Central America