I plan to enter panama overland, starting from San Jose . Though, I read some strange bureaucratic procedures at he border, with obligation to present an onward / return ticket for leaving Panama on a certain future date / way.
Anybody knows the current situation with that, if it is strictly enforced?
This could be a bus ticket, or obligatory to be flight ?
And anyway, normally best would be to be free to decide later, while in Panama, about the exact date and form of transport back to CR.
Possible to go around it?
Somewhere was mentioned, to have printed a ticket and cancelled it later, but generally seems a big trouble after all, maybe putting travelers off that destination..
Any ideas guys?
Many thanks !
Border complications from C.R. to Panama?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 5 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 11 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 12 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 13 cozumel tennis
- 14 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 15 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 17 Baja California
- 18 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 19 Mexico region question
- 20 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 21 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 22 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 23 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 24 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old