I plan to enter panama overland, starting from San Jose . Though, I read some strange bureaucratic procedures at he border, with obligation to present an onward / return ticket for leaving Panama on a certain future date / way.
Anybody knows the current situation with that, if it is strictly enforced?
This could be a bus ticket, or obligatory to be flight ?
And anyway, normally best would be to be free to decide later, while in Panama, about the exact date and form of transport back to CR.
Possible to go around it?
Somewhere was mentioned, to have printed a ticket and cancelled it later, but generally seems a big trouble after all, maybe putting travelers off that destination..
Any ideas guys?
Many thanks !
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico in 8 days
- 2 reliable car rental company??
- 3 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 4 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 5 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Sayulita in September
- 10 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 13 Renting Car in Mexico
- 14 Car Rental in Cancun
- 15 Costa Rica
- 16 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 17 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 18 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 19 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 20 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 21 Planning a trip to Panama
- 22 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 23 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 24 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 25 best air route san diego to san jose