Got back from Costa Rica and had the most wonderful time in a 10 days stay there.
It was my first time but you can bet that it won't be the last time.
Some recommendations and tips from my trip:
Don’t skip Corcovado, we saw there so many animals and the place is so raw in the good meaning of it that I truly think that if you don’t go to Corcovado once in Costa Rica, you missed her main attraction.
We stayed there at Aguila De Osa, Bradd Johnson the owner is a great guy and the place is wonderful with nice rooms, good food, everything a couple needs when staying in Corcovado.
On the way from Arenal Volcano to Manuel Antonio we had A stop at Canopy San Lorenzo, we did the zip lines, include the Tarzan swing, the competition cables and the Superman, something about the Superman, this is a 750 meters cables that lasts around 45 seconds, that was a thrill!
In Manuel Antonio we stayed at San Bada, it’s quite new and very close to the national park (5 meters away) it’s in a very good standard and the the staff is more than welcoming.
In Arenal, no matter what they tell you the best hot springs is the Tabacon, I wouldn’t try anywhere else (I did Baldi and it’s just not the same).
I also recommend to talk to this guy, Alon from touroperators CR, many great tips I got from him while planning our trip
I hope this helps a little bit to you guys, I plan to go back for so many places that I didn’t see yet…
Best vacation in my life (in CR) and I traveled IN many places in my life
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure