Got back from Costa Rica and had the most wonderful time in a 10 days stay there.
It was my first time but you can bet that it won't be the last time.
Some recommendations and tips from my trip:
Don’t skip Corcovado, we saw there so many animals and the place is so raw in the good meaning of it that I truly think that if you don’t go to Corcovado once in Costa Rica, you missed her main attraction.
We stayed there at Aguila De Osa, Bradd Johnson the owner is a great guy and the place is wonderful with nice rooms, good food, everything a couple needs when staying in Corcovado.
On the way from Arenal Volcano to Manuel Antonio we had A stop at Canopy San Lorenzo, we did the zip lines, include the Tarzan swing, the competition cables and the Superman, something about the Superman, this is a 750 meters cables that lasts around 45 seconds, that was a thrill!
In Manuel Antonio we stayed at San Bada, it’s quite new and very close to the national park (5 meters away) it’s in a very good standard and the the staff is more than welcoming.
In Arenal, no matter what they tell you the best hot springs is the Tabacon, I wouldn’t try anywhere else (I did Baldi and it’s just not the same).
I also recommend to talk to this guy, Alon from touroperators CR, many great tips I got from him while planning our trip
I hope this helps a little bit to you guys, I plan to go back for so many places that I didn’t see yet…
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Finally made it!
- 2 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 3 First Vacation!
- 4 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 5 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 6 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 7 Itinerary help
- 8 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 9 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 12 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 13 Activities in Costa Rica
- 14 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 15 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 16 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 17 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 18 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 19 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 20 Gluten Free Belize
- 21 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 22 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 23 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 24 In Cancun right now..
- 25 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
Best vacation in my life (in CR) and I traveled IN many places in my life