I am going to be spending a few weeks in Costa Rica doing some sea turtle conservation work between mid June and mid August. I want to be sure to have lots of cool experiences with live turtles, hopefully seeing them nesting. Most likely I will be in the Oso Peninsula or Totuguero. What's the best place for seeing turtles? What species should I expect to see during those times in each place? If I do beach patrols every night for a few hours for a week will I likely see them nesting?
Best place for sea turtles in Costa Rica?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 2 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 3 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 4 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 5 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 6 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 7 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 8 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 9 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 10 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 11 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 12 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 13 Belize Itinerary help!
- 14 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 15 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 16 Costa Rica Travel
- 17 Planning Mexico by February
- 18 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 19 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 20 A Week in Montezuma
- 21 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 22 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 23 Book set in Panama
- 24 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 25 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN