Hi everyone, I am in San Jose for business but have managed to spend a few nights at Nosara and a night up up at Poas (at Altura Hotel). I have one day free (a Saturday) before I leave, and I really want to do a cool day tour. I was thinking about a trip to the beach, but I've lived near beaches all my life. I'm a birder (obviously, by my name), although kids and international moves have led me to put that on that backburner for a while. So I would love to see birds but I don't have my binoculars, a proper guide book etc. But I love nature in general. I'm thinking of maybe up to Monteverde or some other amazing nature place that is uniquely Costa Rican? I'm sorry for being so vague, but I have had little time to think of tourism, and so I would doubly appreciate any recommendations - both for areas to visit and specific companies/tours. I'm happy to pay up to $200 if needed as I won't be back to Costa Rica for a while (and when I do come back, I'm bringing the family!).
Best One Day Tour From San Jose
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 2 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 3 Guatemala customs question
- 4 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 5 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 6 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 7 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 8 booking rooms for spring break
- 9 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 10 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 13 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Mextrotter
- 16 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 19 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 20 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 21 costa rica
- 22 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 23 Car rental Cancun
- 24 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 25 Christmas in Puebla?