Hi everyone, I am in San Jose for business but have managed to spend a few nights at Nosara and a night up up at Poas (at Altura Hotel). I have one day free (a Saturday) before I leave, and I really want to do a cool day tour. I was thinking about a trip to the beach, but I've lived near beaches all my life. I'm a birder (obviously, by my name), although kids and international moves have led me to put that on that backburner for a while. So I would love to see birds but I don't have my binoculars, a proper guide book etc. But I love nature in general. I'm thinking of maybe up to Monteverde or some other amazing nature place that is uniquely Costa Rican? I'm sorry for being so vague, but I have had little time to think of tourism, and so I would doubly appreciate any recommendations - both for areas to visit and specific companies/tours. I'm happy to pay up to $200 if needed as I won't be back to Costa Rica for a while (and when I do come back, I'm bringing the family!).
Best One Day Tour From San Jose
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 2 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 3 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Costa rica help
- 8 car rental companies
- 9 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 10 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 11 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 12 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 13 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 14 cozumel tennis
- 15 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 16 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 17 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 18 Baja California
- 19 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 20 Mexico region question
- 21 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 22 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 23 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 24 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old