Hi everyone, I am in San Jose for business but have managed to spend a few nights at Nosara and a night up up at Poas (at Altura Hotel). I have one day free (a Saturday) before I leave, and I really want to do a cool day tour. I was thinking about a trip to the beach, but I've lived near beaches all my life. I'm a birder (obviously, by my name), although kids and international moves have led me to put that on that backburner for a while. So I would love to see birds but I don't have my binoculars, a proper guide book etc. But I love nature in general. I'm thinking of maybe up to Monteverde or some other amazing nature place that is uniquely Costa Rican? I'm sorry for being so vague, but I have had little time to think of tourism, and so I would doubly appreciate any recommendations - both for areas to visit and specific companies/tours. I'm happy to pay up to $200 if needed as I won't be back to Costa Rica for a while (and when I do come back, I'm bringing the family!).
Best One Day Tour From San Jose
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 Safety in Ixtapa
- 4 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 5 Costa Rica trip in March
- 6 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 7 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 8 Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 10 Roatan advice
- 11 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 12 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 13 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 14 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 15 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 16 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 17 Safety in Nicaragua
- 18 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 19 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 20 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 21 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 22 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 23 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 24 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 25 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014