Hi everyone, I am in San Jose for business but have managed to spend a few nights at Nosara and a night up up at Poas (at Altura Hotel). I have one day free (a Saturday) before I leave, and I really want to do a cool day tour. I was thinking about a trip to the beach, but I've lived near beaches all my life. I'm a birder (obviously, by my name), although kids and international moves have led me to put that on that backburner for a while. So I would love to see birds but I don't have my binoculars, a proper guide book etc. But I love nature in general. I'm thinking of maybe up to Monteverde or some other amazing nature place that is uniquely Costa Rican? I'm sorry for being so vague, but I have had little time to think of tourism, and so I would doubly appreciate any recommendations - both for areas to visit and specific companies/tours. I'm happy to pay up to $200 if needed as I won't be back to Costa Rica for a while (and when I do come back, I'm bringing the family!).
Best One Day Tour From San Jose
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 2 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 3 Embera Village
- 4 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 5 Food at Leon airport?
- 6 Food at Leon airport?
- 7 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 8 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 9 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 10 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 11 Costa Rica & Panama
- 12 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 13 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 14 Tela and La Ceiba
- 15 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 16 March/April weather
- 17 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 18 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 19 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 20 One Week in Southern Belize
- 21 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 22 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 23 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 24 Costa Rica four nights
- 25 One Day San Jose