Hi everyone, I am in San Jose for business but have managed to spend a few nights at Nosara and a night up up at Poas (at Altura Hotel). I have one day free (a Saturday) before I leave, and I really want to do a cool day tour. I was thinking about a trip to the beach, but I've lived near beaches all my life. I'm a birder (obviously, by my name), although kids and international moves have led me to put that on that backburner for a while. So I would love to see birds but I don't have my binoculars, a proper guide book etc. But I love nature in general. I'm thinking of maybe up to Monteverde or some other amazing nature place that is uniquely Costa Rican? I'm sorry for being so vague, but I have had little time to think of tourism, and so I would doubly appreciate any recommendations - both for areas to visit and specific companies/tours. I'm happy to pay up to $200 if needed as I won't be back to Costa Rica for a while (and when I do come back, I'm bringing the family!).
Best One Day Tour From San Jose
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Cancun-discounts.com
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July