My wife and I are planning a trip to Riviera Maya for a 6 night stay in April or May of this year. This would be our first trip to Mexico (or out of the country, for that matter). We are looking to spend about $3500 for the flight/AI stay and have found a few prospective places online, but we're really wanting to get the best we can for the money. We are pretty confident about the safety of the Riviera Maya resorts, but are less sure about the resorts being nice with plenty of food, kid friendly and within a reasonable distance to attractions (Mayan ruins, etc.). We were also a little concerned about the weather in mid May, since it seems it rains a bit that time of year...
Any feedback/suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Premio Crónica – Jorge Kahwagi
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 5 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 6 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 7 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 8 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 9 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Merida in March
- 12 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 13 Mexico in March - questions
- 14 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 17 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 18 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 19 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 20 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 21 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 22 travel in Yucatan
- 23 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 24 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 25 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
Best AI resort for family of 4 w/ 9 year old and 3 year old?