My son is getting married in August and seems to have his mind set on Caribbean/Ctrl America for the honeymoon. I'm a coastal beach guy (grew up in FLA) but I've never ventured south for this late in the summer. My gut says 'No' due to heat, bugs, hurricanes - but I've never been in the area during this time. Any thoughts? Looking for advice as well as recommendations. (Posting in another forum as well)
Belize/Costa Rica etc in August?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Apartment Finders
- 9 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 12 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 13 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 16 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 17 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 18 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 19 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 20 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 21 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 22 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 25 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions