a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupreviews.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 2 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 3 http://klereumcol.com/forever-bust/
- 4 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 5 Fishing around Arenal
- 6 Guanajuato
- 7 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 8 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 9 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 10 Amazing..
- 11 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 12 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 15 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 16 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 17 First time CR intinerary help
- 18 dental implants
- 19 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 20 Costa Rica- July trip
- 21 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 22 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 23 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 24 help from a Panamanian
- 25 Best Panama beach area?