a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 2 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 3 Guanaster, costa rica
- 4 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 5 Interjet Airline
- 6 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 7 One month surf and yoga
- 8 Returning home
- 9 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 10 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 11 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 12 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 13 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 16 Cancun all inclusive
- 17 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 18 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 19 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 21 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 22 White hair in Valladolid....
- 23 Roatan
- 24 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017