a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 2 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 3 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 4 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 5 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 6 Cancun All inclusive
- 7 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 8 girls getaway
- 9 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 15 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 16 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 17 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 18 Cancun and cuba
- 19 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 20 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 21 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 24 Archaeological tours
- 25 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks