a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Belize or Honduras? One week at the end of May.
- 1 Backpack vs Wheels
- 2 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 5 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 6 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 7 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 8 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 9 Help with 5 days touring time
- 10 Costa Rica trip in March
- 11 Safety in Ixtapa
- 12 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 13 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 14 Adopt an animal donation?
- 15 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 16 Cabo San Lucas
- 17 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 18 Roatan advice
- 19 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 20 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 21 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 22 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 23 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 24 Safety in Nicaragua
- 25 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights