a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Belize or Honduras? One week at the end of May.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa rica help
- 2 car rental companies
- 3 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 5 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 6 cozumel tennis
- 7 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 8 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 10 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 11 Baja California
- 12 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 15 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 16 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 17 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 18 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 19 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 20 Semana Santa itinerary
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 San Jose del cabo
- 23 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 24 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico
- 25 Mexico City! Nice Hotel Within Walking Distance Of Chapultepec Park