a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 2 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 3 Royal Hideaway construction
- 4 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 5 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 6 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 7 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 8 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 9 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 10 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 11 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 12 3rd-10th april
- 13 May in Central America
- 14 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 15 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 16 Four night is PV
- 17 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 18 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 19 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 20 San Miguel
- 21 Oaxaca in march
- 22 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 23 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 24 Snorkeling trips
- 25 Diving (Riviera Maya)