a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 My Topic TitleStar Trek Beyond Full Movie Download HD
- 2 Rain all week
- 3 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 4 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 5 Central america with 6 yr old.
- 6 Amazing..
- 7 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 8 Costa Rica in Christmas 2016
- 9 Layover in San Salvador
- 10 day trips from Mexico City
- 11 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 12 help from a Panamanian
- 13 Dynamic Airways = LAX to Cancun
- 14 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 15 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 16 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 17 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 18 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 19 Pearl Keys
- 20 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 21 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 22 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 23 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 24 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 25 Honeymoon in mid-September?