a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 GEEKS: VERIZON TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 VERIZON MAIL 24*7
- 2 Thoughts about Puerta Vallarta
- 3 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 4 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 6 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 9 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 10 Anyone interested?
- 11 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 12 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 13 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 16 Spending USD in Mexico
- 17 Food poisoning?
- 18 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 21 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 22 Guanacaste in October
- 23 Good lunch spot
- 24 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 25 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old