a few couples (in our early 30s) are planning a week-long beach trip. by chance we've decided to try belize or honduras.
we're just beginning our research and would love any input.
we are all pretty well-traveled and are looking for a mellow, not-too-touristy spot to visit, with beautiful beaches (scuba would be nice-but not imperative), friendly locals, some nightlife, culture would be cool, etc. we are really looking to chill out but will need some beach activity, maybe a little town. we would plan to rent a house and i guess you could say we'd like to be a bit off the beaten path.
i hear that belize's beaches arent great and everyone speaks english - though the reef would be a draw.
re: honduras ive only ever heard about roatan and have heard amazing things.
please let us know if you have any favorites.
looking forward to your replies. cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 2 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 3 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 4 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 5 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 6 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 8 La Fortuna via Poas
- 9 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 10 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 11 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 12 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 13 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 14 Yet another Costa Rica question!
- 15 E. Coast Mexican resort good for teens?
- 16 Cobo San Lucas For The Day
- 17 Patricia missed Puerta Vallarta, so...
- 18 Cruise trip to Western Caribbean in Feb.'16.
- 19 LaPaz Baja car rental
- 20 Need to find companions for drive to Panama from US
- 21 Costa Rica: Arenal or Monteverde
- 22 Weather in Playa Del Carmen?
- 23 Should I take my hiking boots?
- 24 Help with 7 week itinerary
- 25 Geisha Coffee Seeds/green beans