Planning a 8 day trip to Belize in August with 2 teens (16 and 19). I have a few questions for which I'd appreciate advice: 1) I realize August is in rainy season, but is it usually a downpour of an hour followed by sunshine or long days of uninterrupted rain? 2) My initial itinerary, since we don't want to move around too much nor are we fans of small planes, is to spend 4 nights at Lamanai Outpost Lodge and 4 nights on Ambergris Caye. Is this too much time in Lamanai? We are moderately interested in ruins, jungle life, birds, and the teens very much love the beach/snorkeling so I've tried to strike a balance. Thanks in advance!!
Belize in August with teens
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 2 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 3 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 4 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 5 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 10 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Somewhere hot!
- 13 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 14 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 15 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Cancun-discounts.com
- 17 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 18 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 19 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old