We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 2 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 3 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 4 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 5 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 6 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 7 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 8 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 9 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 10 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 11 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 12 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 13 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 14 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 15 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 17 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 18 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 19 Costa Rica
- 20 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 21 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 24 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 25 Tocumen Airport layover