We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica help
- 2 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 3 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 4 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 5 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 7 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 8 Belize in June?
- 9 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 10 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 11 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 12 Mexico City
- 13 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 14 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 15 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 18 Monteverde Accomodations
- 19 Oaxaca in November
- 20 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 21 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 22 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 23 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 24 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 25 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica