We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Oaxaca City, MX guide recomendation
- 2 costa rica in a car in two weeks
- 3 costa rica catamaran trips
- 4 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 Four Seasons Punta Mita
- 6 Interbus and San Jose
- 7 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 8 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 9 Cancun nightlife
- 10 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 11 Trip ideas needed please
- 12 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 13 Airport Transfers from Los Cabos Airport
- 14 December trip to CR ...Is the tour company correct ?
- 15 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 16 Playa del Carmen
- 17 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 18 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 19 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 20 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 21 tours to gatun locks panama
- 22 Panama in October
- 23 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 24 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 25 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help