We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 mayan ruins family trip
- 2 Playa del Carmen
- 3 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 4 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 5 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 6 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 7 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 8 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 9 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 10 Mexico
- 11 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 12 Trip ideas needed please
- 13 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 14 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 15 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 16 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 17 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 18 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 19 Cozumel Diving & Possible Terrible Weather: To change dates or not?
- 20 Costa Rica experts: ideas needed for 2 days pre- and post- cycling trip.
- 21 Los cabos in January
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Activities for claustrophobic husband near Playa
- 24 Recommendations for Samara
- 25 Cozumel/Playa del Carmen - 7 days - Tour Recommendations