We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 WHAT WILL YOU WEAR FOR HALLOWEEN DAY
- 2 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 3 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 6 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 7 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 8 think twice before using expedia
- 9 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 best places in Baja
- 11 Beachfront in Tulum
- 12 Belize, first time
- 13 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 14 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 15 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 16 Costa Rica with young kids
- 17 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 18 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 19 Security in Oaxaca
- 20 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 21 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 22 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 23 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 24 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 25 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday