We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 2 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 3 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 4 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 5 Costa Rica & Panama
- 6 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 7 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 8 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 9 Embera Village
- 10 an evening in San Jose...?
- 11 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 12 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 13 Food at Leon airport?
- 14 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 15 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 16 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 17 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Tela and La Ceiba
- 20 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 21 March/April weather
- 22 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 23 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 24 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 25 One Week in Southern Belize