We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 2 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure