We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 2 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 3 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 4 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 5 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 6 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 7 Merida-where to stay
- 8 Mexico City Hotels
- 9 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 11 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 12 Snorkeling
- 13 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 14 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 15 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 16 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 17 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 18 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 19 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 20 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 21 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 22 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 23 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 24 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 25 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica