We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 2 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 3 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 4 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 5 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 6 Guatemala customs question
- 7 Costa Rica questions
- 8 Mextrotter
- 9 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 10 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 11 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 12 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 13 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 14 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 15 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 16 costa rica
- 17 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 18 Costa Rica during Easter week?
- 19 Car rental Cancun
- 20 Three week backpacking adventure with kids….
- 21 Christmas in Puebla?
- 22 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 23 Ideas for a graduation trip for 18 yr old
- 24 Thinking of Merida for 10 days or so this fall. Have some questions.
- 25 Viceroy Riviera Maya