We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua