We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 4 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 5 Backpack vs Wheels
- 6 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 7 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 8 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 11 Help with 5 days touring time
- 12 Costa Rica trip in March
- 13 Safety in Ixtapa
- 14 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 15 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 16 Adopt an animal donation?
- 17 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 18 Cabo San Lucas
- 19 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 20 Roatan advice
- 21 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 22 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 23 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 24 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 25 Drive from Panama To Belize