We are planning to travel in Belize and Guatemala this winter. My main concern is food poisoning, as I had very nasty experience about 25 years ago, in another part of the world. Actually, the experience was so bad (it took me many months to recover) that this is the first time when I am thinking of travelling into a developing country again. I am familiar with the government guidelines for the food and drink safety, and with the recommended vaccinations, but would like to hear from fellow travelers if they have some pieces of practical advice specific for these countries.
Belize / Guatemala food safety
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 2 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 3 Car rental in Cancun
- 4 Adopt an animal donation?
- 5 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 6 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 7 San Miguel De Allende
- 8 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 9 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 10 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 13 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 14 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 15 Backpack vs Wheels
- 16 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 17 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 18 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 19 Help with 5 days touring time
- 20 Costa Rica trip in March
- 21 Safety in Ixtapa
- 22 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 23 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 24 Cabo San Lucas
- 25 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints