hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -