hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 2 Mexico City over Christmas
- 3 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 4 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 5 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 6 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 7 Cozumel airport transfers
- 8 Best plan - suggestions
- 9 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 10 Vacation choices
- 11 Puerto Vallarta
- 12 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 15 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 16 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 17 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 18 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 19 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 20 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 21 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 22 1/2 day excursions
- 23 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 24 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 25 top 8 cenotes to visit
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -