hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 2 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 3 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 4 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 5 Costa Rica & Panama
- 6 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 7 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 8 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 9 Embera Village
- 10 an evening in San Jose...?
- 11 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 12 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 13 Food at Leon airport?
- 14 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 15 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 16 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 17 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Tela and La Ceiba
- 20 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 21 March/April weather
- 22 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 23 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 24 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 25 One Week in Southern Belize