hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/aqua-refine/
- 2 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 3 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 4 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 5 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Sayulita in September
- 10 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 13 Renting Car in Mexico
- 14 Car Rental in Cancun
- 15 Costa Rica
- 16 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 17 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 18 reliable car rental company??
- 19 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 20 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 21 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 22 Planning a trip to Panama
- 23 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 24 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -