hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 2 driving down through mexico
- 3 Things to do in Cabo
- 4 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 5 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 6 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 7 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 9 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 12 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 15 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 16 unsafe?
- 17 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 20 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 21 Driving in Costa Rica
- 22 Playa Mujeres
- 23 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 24 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -