hi everyone -
i'm in the midst of planning my first trip to belize for early december 2012. i believe i have narrowed down my lodging in the cayo district to one of the 3:
ian anderson's caves branch
mystic river resort
all 3 are highly ranked on trip advisor...although i think ian anderson has been in the business the longest? only turn off is that there have been reports of the staff stealing $ at ian anderson's. i hope they have remedied that problem since those reports. the rooms and amenities at all 3 sounds great from what i've read. do you have any opinion on any of these? so that's my 1st question.
my 2nd question is: since the lodges don't offer the exact same tours, it seems i have to decide which tour is most worthwhile: the waterfall cave expedition vs. mountain pine ridge/rio frio/rio on pools. i'd love to hear what you think about these tours so i can make the best decision. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 2 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 3 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 4 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 5 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 6 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 7 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 8 Activities in Costa Rica
- 9 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 10 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 11 Gluten Free Belize
- 12 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 13 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 14 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 15 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 16 In Cancun right now..
- 17 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 18 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 19 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 20 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 21 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 22 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 23 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 24 Places to stay in Belize
- 25 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
belize - cayo district - your experience with lodging & tours
hi everyone -