I will be driving from Austin,Texas to Guatemala the last week of November and the first two weeks of December. I will be entering the country on the Pacific side and leaving on the Caribbean Sea side. I know where and what I want to do in the country, but I have not figured out places to stay or how long. I will be visiting 1) Lake Atitlan, 2) Chichicastanengo, 3) Copan 4) Semuc Champay, 5) Antigua, 6) Tikal, and 7) Rio Dulce Gorge. There are couple of other place I would like to try and see, but not sure if I will have enough time. They are Quetzaltenango, Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua, and Takalik Abaj. I may have planned to much with adding the last three, but the more I read about Guatemala the more places and things I want to do. First am i planning to much to do and should I just do the first seven things on my list and not worry about adding anything else? Are there things on my list that I should drop and add something else? I would also like to ask your help on finding places to stay. All I really care about is if the place is clean, the staff is cool and it is safe. I would be traveling with one other person and would like to keep the prices of rooms to no more then 100 dollars a night. I have been looking on line and have found most places are no more then then about 50 dollars a night, but there might be some cool or interesting place out there to stay at for a little more so I do not paying a little more. I would like to try and stay in places that cost no more then 50 dollars a night or less, but a little more money is ok. Also how long would you stay at each place that i am planning on visiting? One last thing are there any good sites on Guatemala I should check out? Thank you for all your help and information.
basic information about guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?