I will be driving from Austin,Texas to Guatemala the last week of November and the first two weeks of December. I will be entering the country on the Pacific side and leaving on the Caribbean Sea side. I know where and what I want to do in the country, but I have not figured out places to stay or how long. I will be visiting 1) Lake Atitlan, 2) Chichicastanengo, 3) Copan 4) Semuc Champay, 5) Antigua, 6) Tikal, and 7) Rio Dulce Gorge. There are couple of other place I would like to try and see, but not sure if I will have enough time. They are Quetzaltenango, Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua, and Takalik Abaj. I may have planned to much with adding the last three, but the more I read about Guatemala the more places and things I want to do. First am i planning to much to do and should I just do the first seven things on my list and not worry about adding anything else? Are there things on my list that I should drop and add something else? I would also like to ask your help on finding places to stay. All I really care about is if the place is clean, the staff is cool and it is safe. I would be traveling with one other person and would like to keep the prices of rooms to no more then 100 dollars a night. I have been looking on line and have found most places are no more then then about 50 dollars a night, but there might be some cool or interesting place out there to stay at for a little more so I do not paying a little more. I would like to try and stay in places that cost no more then 50 dollars a night or less, but a little more money is ok. Also how long would you stay at each place that i am planning on visiting? One last thing are there any good sites on Guatemala I should check out? Thank you for all your help and information.
basic information about guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun-discounts.com
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 4 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July