I'm thinking of driving down from California into Baja and plan to cross at the Tijuana border crossing and then make my way to Ensenada and finally to Loreto and La Paz. I heard it isn't a good idea to drive through Baja at night because of cattle and highway robberies, but mostly because of cattle, so I was looking for a suggestion of a town or place to stop for the night between Ensenada and Loreto. A nice place in the desert or something with something to see, but mostly a place to stay. Thanks! Any activity suggestions on my route or anything of other concern would be most helpful!!!
Baja California Road-trip
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 2 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 3 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 4 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 5 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 6 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 7 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 8 Merida-where to stay
- 9 Mexico City Hotels
- 10 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 12 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 13 Snorkeling
- 14 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 15 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 16 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 17 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 18 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 19 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 20 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 21 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 22 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 23 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 24 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 25 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport