I’m going to Costa Rica next month for a ten day - 2 weeks (low budget ?) trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and will venture around the country, and then will also go to Panama and/or possibly Nicaragua if time and costs permit (and will ask at those forums for some tips).
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Costa Rica, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide etc.
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Manuel Antonio to Osa
- 2 playa del carmen what to do
- 3 Panama Canal Excursions
- 4 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 5 Mexico City. Oct 13-16. Haunted tours + Halloweend / Day of the Dead
- 6 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017
- 7 Costa Rica private driver recommendations?
- 8 Giving back to Mexio
- 9 2 months in Central America
- 10 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 12 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 13 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 14 Cabo to San Miguel de Allende
- 15 Belize planning help
- 16 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 17 Excellent News!
- 18 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 19 Mexico earthquake
- 20 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 21 Cabo
- 22 Best plan - suggestions
- 23 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 24 Transport from Mexico City to San Miguel de Allende
- 25 Costa Rica or Belize?