I’m going to Costa Rica next month for a ten day - 2 weeks (low budget ?) trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and will venture around the country, and then will also go to Panama and/or possibly Nicaragua if time and costs permit (and will ask at those forums for some tips).
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Costa Rica, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide etc.
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/apex-plump/
- 2 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 3 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 4 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 5 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 6 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 7 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 8 Non tourist beach in December
- 9 unsafe?
- 10 Driving in Mexico
- 11 Sending things back home.
- 12 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 13 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 14 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 15 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 16 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 17 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 18 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 20 White hair in Valladolid....
- 21 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 22 unsafer?
- 23 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 24 Budget Belize
- 25 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize