I’m going to Costa Rica next month for a ten day - 2 weeks (low budget ?) trip, and have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
I’ll fly to San Hose and will venture around the country, and then will also go to Panama and/or possibly Nicaragua if time and costs permit (and will ask at those forums for some tips).
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Costa Rica, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
I hope to move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide etc.
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 2 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 3 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 4 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 5 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 6 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 7 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 8 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 9 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 10 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 11 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 12 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 13 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 14 Music Video
- 15 July Adventure
- 16 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 17 Guatemala trip in August?
- 18 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 19 Driving Central America
- 20 Nicaragua -- connection
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 june trip-help with itinerary
- 23 3 weeks on the west coast
- 24 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 25 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN