I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 4 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 5 Sayulita in September
- 6 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 9 Renting Car in Mexico
- 10 Car Rental in Cancun
- 11 Costa Rica
- 12 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 13 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 14 reliable car rental company??
- 15 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 16 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 17 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 18 Planning a trip to Panama
- 19 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 20 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 21 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 22 best air route san diego to san jose
- 23 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 24 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 25 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?