I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.idealhealthdoctor.com/t-90-xplode/
- 2 http://eyeluminoushelps.com/lumify-x9-br/
- 3 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 4 Driving in Mexico
- 5 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 6 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 7 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 8 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 9 Driving in CR
- 10 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 11 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 12 unsafe?
- 13 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 14 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 15 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 16 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 17 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 18 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 19 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 20 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 21 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 22 Non tourist beach in December
- 23 Sending things back home.
- 24 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 25 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?