I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 4 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 5 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 6 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 7 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 8 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 9 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Merida in March
- 12 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 13 Mexico in March - questions
- 14 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 17 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 18 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 19 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 20 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 21 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 22 travel in Yucatan
- 23 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 24 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 25 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize