I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Backpacking Nicaragua tips– places... Ok for solo trip?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 4 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 7 Mexico region question
- 8 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 9 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 10 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ