I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KYOCERA Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Oaxaca for Muertos 2017
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 5 Belize itinerary help
- 6 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 7 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 8 Mexico
- 9 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 10 Belize planning help
- 11 Another Yucatan trip report
- 12 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 13 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 14 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 15 2017 SMA Trip
- 16 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 17 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 18 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 19 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 20 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 21 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 22 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 23 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 24 Bocas ??
- 25 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination