I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Backpacking Nicaragua tips– places... Ok for solo trip?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 2 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 3 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 4 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 5 Playa del Carmen
- 6 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 7 Panama in October
- 8 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 9 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 10 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 11 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 12 Monteverde from Liberia
- 13 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 14 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 15 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 16 mayan ruins family trip
- 17 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 18 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 19 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 20 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 21 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 22 Costa Rica Vacation
- 23 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 24 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 25 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?