I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 2 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 3 Mexico City weather
- 4 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 5 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 6 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 9 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 10 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 11 Cancun AI resorts
- 12 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 13 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 14 Layover in Mexico City
- 15 Cheap Airfare on United
- 16 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 17 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 18 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 19 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 20 Cancun and Tulum
- 21 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 22 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 23 February in Costa Rica
- 24 Wild Planet Adventures
- 25 Gap Year Travels