I 'm travelling solo to Central America in March, flying to San Hose, and consider for later to enter Nicaragua from there, for a week - ten day trip -I have just started researching via forum and soon guidebooks.
Could you suggest some nice spots to visit in Nicaragua, mostly half south part of the country, at low budget levels of comfort?
Resorts and travel companies, are out of the question…
My interests would be beaches, culture, villages, forest, volcanoes… well, maybe too ambitious for backpacking? We’ll see…
I 'll move around with public transport, stay at simple hotels/ hostels, walk around cities and villages, have some daytrips to nature from there, possibly on our own with other travelers, or with the help of a local guide .
Safety is a concern for me also, as a solo traveller. When backpacking you are exposed more openly to the situations around you, and Nicaragua has some discouraging statistics on those....
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 2 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 3 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 4 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 5 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 6 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 7 driving down through mexico
- 8 Things to do in Cabo
- 9 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 10 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 11 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 15 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 16 Driving in Mexico
- 17 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 18 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 19 unsafe?
- 20 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 21 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 23 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 24 Driving in Costa Rica
- 25 Playa Mujeres