I will be backpacking costa rica for the first 3 weeks of august. I'm a solo traveller looking to do some adventure activities (zip line, rafting, repelling, surfing, horseback riding etc), find good towns to meet people (I'll be staying In hostels- so recommendations would be helpful- I love hostel bookers,it's just in case y'all have any personal experience with a hostel) , hit the beach, and explore.
I need help creating my itinerary. I'm flying in and out of San Jose.
I have gotten much different advice from people, some saying to hit arenal to monteverde to tortugero down the caribbean coast to cahuita, puerto viejo and dip down to Bocas del toro. but then... What about the pacific coast! A lot of people have great things to say about Samara, Manuel Antonio, and other places on that side. And I've also heard a lot of people say raft toPV straight from San Jose. Anyone done this? Could I just raft in arenal?
Another issue I'm having is deciding how to get from monteverde to arenal or vice versa. What's the best/ cheap way to get there without spending an entire day on a bus?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
So, any advice of itinerary? Where to go/not go,
Backpacking CR for 3 weeks- itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Riu vs Westin?
- 3 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 4 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 5 Sim card and power
- 6 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 7 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 8 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 9 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 10 Mexico region question
- 11 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 12 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 13 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 14 Costa rica help
- 15 car rental companies
- 16 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 17 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 18 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 19 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 20 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 21 cozumel tennis
- 22 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 23 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 24 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 25 Baja California