I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 2 Planning a car trip
- 3 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 4 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 5 first timers planning our own trip
- 6 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 7 Beach for kids in CR
- 8 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 9 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 10 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 11 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 12 Costa Rica itinerary
- 13 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 14 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 15 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 16 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 17 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 18 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 20 La Fortuna via Poas
- 21 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter