I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 2 Riviera Maya itinerary
- 3 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 4 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 5 Honeymoon August 2016
- 6 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 7 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 8 Cancun Time share fraud to new level - Be aware
- 9 Transportation Riviera Maya
- 10 public transporatation from Guadalajara to Ajijic
- 11 Mexico City weather
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 14 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 15 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 16 Cancun AI resorts
- 17 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 18 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 19 Layover in Mexico City
- 20 Cheap Airfare on United
- 21 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 22 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 23 Cancun and Tulum
- 24 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 25 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip