I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 2 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 3 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 4 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 5 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 6 Cheap Airfare on United
- 7 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 8 Cancun and Tulum
- 9 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 10 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 11 February in Costa Rica
- 12 Wild Planet Adventures
- 13 Gap Year Travels
- 14 Selva Verde question
- 15 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 16 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 17 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 18 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica
- 19 Coba and Tulum
- 20 Advice on Costa Rica vacation
- 21 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 22 Mexico- beach resort, PV? SJ Del Cabo??
- 23 19-hour Layover in Panama City - Need some advice
- 24 SUP in Panama City
- 25 Embera Village