I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food and health in Cancún.
- 2 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 3 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 4 Azul Sensatori
- 5 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 8 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 9 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 10 La Paloma reviews?
- 11 Westjet flights to Merida
- 12 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 13 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 14 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 15 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 16 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 17 Adult only all inclusive
- 18 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 19 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 20 Belize - Where to Go?
- 21 Savegre Hotel
- 22 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 23 Camera & Accessories
- 24 Wildlife in Belize
- 25 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.