I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Finally made it!
- 2 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 3 First Vacation!
- 4 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 5 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 6 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 7 Itinerary help
- 8 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 9 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 12 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 13 Activities in Costa Rica
- 14 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 15 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 16 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 17 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 18 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 19 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 20 Gluten Free Belize
- 21 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 22 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 23 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 24 In Cancun right now..
- 25 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?