I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 2 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 3 Riu vs Westin?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Sim card and power
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 8 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 9 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 10 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 13 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 14 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 15 Costa rica help
- 16 car rental companies
- 17 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 18 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 cozumel tennis
- 23 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 24 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report