I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 2 Merida in March
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 5 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 6 Mexico in March - questions
- 7 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 8 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 9 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 10 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 11 travel in Yucatan
- 12 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 13 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 14 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 15 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 16 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 17 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 18 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 19 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 20 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 21 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 22 Another Yucatan trip report
- 23 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 24 Cabo San Lucas weather in November
- 25 Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico