I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Renting Car in Mexico
- 2 Car Rental in Cancun
- 3 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 4 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 5 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 6 Costa Rica
- 7 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 8 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 9 reliable car rental company??
- 10 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 11 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 12 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 15 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 16 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 17 best air route san diego to san jose
- 18 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 19 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 20 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 21 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 22 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 23 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 24 Puerto Vallarta
- 25 Recent Headlines- Cancun