I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?