I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 2 Snorkeling
- 3 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 4 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 5 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 6 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 7 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 8 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 9 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 10 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 11 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 12 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 13 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 14 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 15 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 16 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 17 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 18 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 19 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's
- 20 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 21 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 22 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 23 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 24 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 25 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha