I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 4 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 5 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 6 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 7 Fonda Vela
- 8 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 9 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 10 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 11 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 12 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 13 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 14 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 15 Driver needed for Panama City
- 16 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 17 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 18 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 19 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 20 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 21 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 22 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 23 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 24 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 25 Christmas 2016 (budget)