I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica help
- 2 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 3 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 4 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 5 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 7 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 8 Belize in June?
- 9 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 10 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 11 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 12 Mexico City
- 13 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 14 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 15 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 16 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 17 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 18 Monteverde Accomodations
- 19 Oaxaca in November
- 20 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 21 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 22 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 23 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 24 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 25 Looking for Bias Bajas Restaurant/Costa Rica