I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 2 Puerto aventuras (for free) report
- 3 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 4 looking for fun restaurant in Playa or Cancun to bring teens after wedding
- 5 Third Party Liability Insurance Car rental Mexico
- 6 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 7 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 8 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 9 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 10 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 11 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 12 Tulum (camping)
- 13 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 14 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 15 anyone ever use Namu Travel?
- 16 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 17 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 18 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 19 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 20 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 21 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 22 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 23 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 24 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 25 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua