I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 2 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 3 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 4 Driving in CR
- 5 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 6 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 7 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 8 unsafe?
- 9 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 10 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 11 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 12 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 13 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 14 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 15 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 16 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 17 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 18 Non tourist beach in December
- 19 Driving in Mexico
- 20 Sending things back home.
- 21 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 22 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 23 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 24 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 25 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids