I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Day trips from around Los Suenos?
- 2 Finally made it!
- 3 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 4 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 5 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 6 Cancun, Costa Rica, Belize, or BEACH elsewhere?
- 7 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 8 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 9 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 10 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 11 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 12 Copa Airlines?
- 13 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 14 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 15 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 16 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 17 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 18 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 19 Tulum (camping)
- 20 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 21 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 22 Riviera Maya
- 23 Excursions
- 24 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 25 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?