I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 honestly principal for gathering
- 2 Mexico City and...?
- 3 Driving in CR
- 4 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 5 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 6 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 7 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 8 Tamarindo Sept
- 9 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 10 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 11 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 12 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 13 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 14 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 15 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 16 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 17 Renting Car in Mexico
- 18 Cancun All inclusive
- 19 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 20 Belize in mid September
- 21 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 22 Budget Belize
- 23 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 24 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 25 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla