I am heading to Costa Rica, Guatemala & Belize this winter. I am considering buying a backpack. On previous trips to Australia & SE Asia I used a bag with wheels and managed just fine. Backpacks are expensive. Is it worth it to buy one or am I better off sticking with what I already own? What are the advantages of a backpack? Are there different backpacks for different genders? I am 5'3, 110 lbs. How do you determine what size to go with? Any specific bag recommendations? The closest thing to an outdoors store in my area is a Sports Authority (with a very small selection), so I am hoping you all can help. Thanks!
Backpack vs Wheels
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 2 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 3 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 4 Costa Rica & Panama
- 5 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 6 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 7 Tela and La Ceiba
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 March/April weather
- 10 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 11 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 One Week in Southern Belize
- 14 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 15 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Costa Rica four nights
- 18 One Day San Jose
- 19 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 20 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 21 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 22 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 23 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 24 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!