I'm not big on making trip reports or reviews. However, over the years, we have relied on this board religiously and have received great tips on restaurants, hotels, drivers, etc. and want to return the favor. We just arrived yesterday at Arenas del Mar in Manuel Antonio and we abssolutely love it. We have stayed at 6-7 luxury properties in CR over the last 8 years (although we have never stayed at the Four Seasons). This one tops them all. Gorgeous room overlooking the ocean (definitely splurge for a premium suite) where we sipped wine in the jacuzzi overlooking the sunset. Short walk to the beach. One mile beach stroll to the reserve (many monkeys today). Wonderful food and incredibly friendly, helpful staff (even more than most in a country where everyone is friendly). Yes it is pricey for CR standards, but for a luxury trip, at half of the price of the Four Seasons, its definitely worth it.
Arenas del Mar
- 1 Need help Planning Costa Rica Trip
- 2 Just returned from Playa Del Carmen - have some new recs
- 3 Beaches in Costa Rica
- 4 Belize
- 5 Excellence Resort advice
- 6 Roatan, Belize and Cozumel excursion ideas in November
- 7 please help!
- 8 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 9 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 10 Where's best to stay for scuba?
- 11 Bus from Guadalajara to Puerta Vallarta
- 12 Oaxaca or San Miguel de Allende
- 13 Costa rica questions?
- 14 Baja California
- 15 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 16 SJO-Jaco beach transportation
- 17 Motorcycles
- 18 Studying Abroad in Costa Rica
- 19 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 20 Upcoming Costa Rica Honeymoon Trip!
- 21 Nude sunbathing advice
- 22 1st Time to CR
- 23 Central America Real Estate Jobs
- 24 A group going to Cabo San Lucas?
- 25 What to do in Oaxaca / Huatulco as a solo traveler and Transportation